1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Major F. W. Heinz - Brandenburg Regiment

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Here is my completed 1/5 scratch bust I did as a gift for a friend, who is also Heinz' youngest son. This is my first complete model in 5+ years so I guess that's broken my dry spell. The bust was sculpted in grey sculpey firm and was painted in acrylics.

Heinz was a senior member of Canaris' Abwehr and was involved in almost every significant plot against Hitler from 1938 to 1944. He was to lead the Stosstruppe into the Chancellery to arrest/kill Hitler in 1938. This plan fell apart when Chamberlain flew to meet Hitler at Munich.

Heinz was also in the Bendlerstrasse on July 20, 1944 during the Stauffenberg coup attempt. He left shortly before the plot unravelled and, using his intelligence contacts, he managed to go to ground in Berlin and survive the war. He was one of the few plotters to escape with his life. After the war, Heinz founded the first independent West German intelligence service under Adenauer.

Colin

Attached Files:

2. JST Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Very realistic painting! I like feldgrau very much!(y)
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb work Colin, love the detail.
    I see it's raining.(y)
    Carl.
  4. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Excellent custom sculpt, very well done !:)
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Sharp eyes Carl - It started to spit wile I had him outside for photos. Thanks to all for kind comments.

Colin
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I have the same problem Colin, can't beat the northern weather.
    Carl.(y)