1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Major Anders Lassen VC (figures) from RP Models

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi everyone

0.jpg have without doubt made a big impact using the latest 3D sculpting techniques and in the owner Hugo Pereira's dedication to listen to the modeller and act on comments .
    One of the latest releases was the Danish hero and VC winner Ander's Lassen , this was released in 3 scales .

00.jpg

a 1/9th scale bust which I reviewed here:

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/major-anders-lassen-from-rp-models.78790/

The releases are:

In Memory of
    Major Anders Frederik Emil V. Schau Lassen VC, MC and 2 Bars
    234907, Special Boat Service, S.A.S. Regiment
    who died age 24 on 09 April 1945
    000.jpg 0aaa.jpg
    Suffice to say Major Lassen was a true soldier never hesitating to open fire , never hesitating to lead as an example , for more of his exploits have a look at the review .

Like most if not all Special Forces they just got on with the job ...here is one looking after his tools of the trade 0000.jpg

This is another brave officer who served with the SAS ...Tony Marsh awarded the DSO for bravery

0aa.jpg
    In this review I will share the 75mm scale of Lassen , suffice to say that the 1/35th is the same all the details are there but smaller obviously !!

The models are produced in RP'S Wall of Heroes range they have also released the Battles and Commanders series which have included Blondie Hassler in a canoe in the same scales .

As with the bust they come in the distinctive box, well packed both in bubble wrap in bags surrounded by foam chippings
    0aaaaaa.JPG
    0aaaa.jpg
    The pose is the same with Lassen taking a bearing on the compass he holds.

Parts consist of( for both scales ) the main figure , 2 arms, the Tommy gun, and a commando knife and binos and a base ( as you can see in the picture the binos are delicate and I broke the 1/35th pair , this could be easily put right when on the figure, I hasten to add they were not broken in the box!!!) , there are no weapon straps but easily added using a suitable medium . Talking of small parts the cigarette is also a likely candidate to be broken ( well for me at least..lol!!!) so be careful there , if you do it can be replaced by a small piece of wire.

Lassens 001.jpg

Prep

Simple and quick , , nothing on the figures themselves apart from a bit of flashing inbetween , just need to fit the arms ,easy using the same well engineered cutouts ( small amount of flashing , easily removed with a sharp knife) , the weapons ( including the knife are on formers and will need cutting away ( careful of that carpet monster!!) , the base has a small casting pug to sand away , fit to the base of the figure is easy as the footprints are there .

As RP use the latest 3D sculpting techniques they are able to transfer all the details across the scales and it is ALL there , ALL the textures , ALL the details and now with the addition of legs , a base and a lizard

Pictures will tell all so here is the Main figure

Lassens 006.jpg
    As you can see the battle dress trousers are well sculpted , good fold with the anklets being the correct shape and fitted correctly , the boots show the lacework as well Lassens 007.jpg Lassens 008.jpg Lassens 009.jpg Lassens 011.jpg Lassens 010.jpg Lassens 013.jpg Lassens 012.jpg The Arms... all there in perfect sccale details
    Lassens 005.jpg

The Weapon... Lassens 003.jpg

Knife and Binos Lassens 004.jpg

The Base....a simple textured base with a great little lizard on a rock looking out for predators ( good job he is not one of the enemy!!!)
    The Lizard is nicely sculpted and a good addition to the piece itself.
    Lassens 002.jpg
    0aaaaa.jpg
    Final Thoughts

A nicely scaled down version of Lassen giving the figure modellers something in all scales , high level of details as in the bust with the same care and quality being evident as usual , nice addition to the RP range

RP are certainly a company that listens to the customer and a company that no doubt has many exciting releases in the pipeline this year and in the future

E mail: sales@rpmodels.pt

FB : www.facebook/RPmodels

Thanks to RP for the review pieces and to you all for looking in

...Enjoy whatever you model ,whatever scale ..Its a FUN hobby

Nap
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Here are some reference pictures (some from the bust review but applicable here!!!)

0aaaaaaa.jpg 0a.jpg 0aa.JPG 011aaaa.jpg 0000000.JPG 000000.JPG 00000.jpg 011aaa.jpg 011aa.jpg 01aaa.jpg 00000000.jpeg 0000000000.jpg 000000000.JPG

And a couple of books to look out for
    011.jpg 011a.jpg
    Nap
  3. Tutilo17 PlanetFigure Supporter

Switzerland
    Great review once again! Thanks.
    Stefan
    Hugo Pereira likes this.
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great review again Nap, the figure looks amazing. Coincidentally, the guy on the cover of the world war II Tommy is my mate, Dutch. who is an avid re enactoer. Roman, ACW, British Tommy and now Red Guard WWII
    napoleonpeart and Hugo Pereira like this.
  5. Hugo Pereira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello my GOOD FRIEND

Congratulations... What a GREAT REVIEW, like always... With this I think people can see the details and the quality... We do the best we can, and we give many of our work, time, dedication and talent to our figures. I LOVE do this... Create figures and this is my passion... And with RPmodels and our friends, we are doing a good job... In my opinion, of course...

We believe that can do a good joob... And we are making a big effort to get the best of the best...

I hope people can see this and enjoy Maj. Lassens...

This figure is about a great men, with a big personnality... One thing that I like in RPmodels, we try to bring to present all this 'Heroes' that are in fog 0f the past... We have to live the present and think in the future... And I agree with that... But we have too, the obligation to undestand, see and study the past... There are many people that did a big sacrifice... They believe they are doing the duty, and they tried to do the best they can... They fight to a better world, to a better place... They fight for a piece of land, that they believe everyone can LIVE FREE... With a opinion, an idea, can do a comment, express something they have in mind, without any affraid... For me, its very important remember this people... And I believe RPmodels are doing a good job in this field...

THANK YOU my good friend to believe in RPModels and in me...
    THANK YOU to everyone...
    Big ugg and take care
    Hugo