1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lt Cairns VC

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Nap, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Martin64 and licmas-tank like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent job Kevin.

Marc
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marc

Thank you ...it was on my bench for too long ..lots of projects popping up inbetween him!

Pleased with the result ..as always he looks better in reality !

Thanks for looking in

Nap
  4. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    impressive - just the blood effect from the severe wound could be "enhanced" IMHO by using some clear red (Tamiya X-27) to add moisture and different red tones from blood running down the arm - I would expect the shirt below the cut would as well be more soaked from the deep wound.
    Cheers, Martin
  5. swralph A Fixture

Lovely painting Nap:).
  6. John strachan Well-Known Member

Wow Nap, that is excellent, I was admiring this at Folkestone but spent all my money on other stuff and never got round to getting it, but I think I'll definitely get it this year. Cracking job on the paint and presentation.
    John
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys

Thanks for commenting

Martin ...appreciate your thoughts ...probably could do a bit more on the wound , the shirt is a lot darker , didn't want to go too red ..but will look at the Tamiya colour .

Ralph..thanks mste nice to see you posting

John ...thanks it's a good model , if you have a look at the WIP ...I have changed mine about .., dog tags , sword, equipment etc ...SK Miniatures or El Greco carry RP figures but be aware they are all limited casting runs .

Happy bench time

Nap
    swralph and Martin64 like this.