1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lovanchi Models--licensed or pirated?

Discussion in 'Report Piracy' started by theBaron, Oct 27, 2011.

1. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I just saw Lovanchi Models mentioned in some eBay auctions of resin copies of pinup/erotic models by Mascot, JJ Models, probably some other manufacturers, too.

The seller notes that the kits are not recast, but anyone could say that. I googled "Lovanchi Models" and among the results were a lot of pages of catalogs in Russian.

Since I'd never heard of "Lovanchi" before, I thought I'd throw it out to the rest of you and see if anyone else had. If you have heard of them, are they legit, or pirates?
  2. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I should add that the castings are not that good, with pretty bad seams/joins, and they're overpriced, especially when you consider that the original kits are still pretty common.
  3. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    I saw them too and googled them as well. I believe they are pirates even though the prices are high. Maybe that's their game?

I don't know as much about the JJ Models large scale kits but I believe they were all limited edition and came with cards of authenticity, but I only have one early one.

However Mascot was never cast in resin and Zinnfiguren von Rylit has the molds now. It's kind of strange, because some of the bids went quite a bit higher than what you can get an original kit for from Rylit or Zinnfigur Berlino_O
  4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I think I'll contact Frau Litterscheidt, who owns Rylit, and give her a heads-up.
  5. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Don't waste your money! They are all pirated/recasted.
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks, Felix! I suspected as much, but had never heard of them.