1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Louisiana Tiger ACW 1863 Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Geoff Charman, May 17, 2018.

1. Geoff Charman A Fixture

Thank Nap, that one certainly is brown but is it the same jacket, it is so plain, the one on the bust has a lot of lacing. But that does certainly help with the faded colouring.

Geoff
  2. Geoff Charman A Fixture

That is what I was thinking Mick, did enough parallel lines on the Indian Army turbans.

Geoff
    mick3272 likes this.
  3. Geoff Charman A Fixture

I have found that the link in Squiremon's comment extremely interesting but still leaves me confused, so I have made the decision that the jacket will be blue with "possibly" brownish fading on areas like the shoulders, elbows and some of the major crease tops, but that still may change as I go along.

Many thanks Guys for your help with what turned out to be a quite controversial subject.

Geoff
    Nap likes this.
  4. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    I love the bust and the choice to make it southern ... you see a good job at the moment, it is an inspiration to make my bust of Zuave verlinden.
    Geoff Charman likes this.
  5. Geoff Charman A Fixture

Some progress this morning before I have to get a bigger brush out to paint a bedroom door.

Shading and some base colour before I put a blue base coat the jacket. Bonnet base colour and shading as well as cord and tassle.

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

Geoff

TBC.
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Really like this. It is the FER 1/16 busts I am getting Geoff, already got two of them lol. Looking forward to your take on the jacket.
    Viking Bob and Geoff Charman like this.
  7. Squiremon PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looking good.
  8. Mookie Well-Known Member

Really nice painting of a colourful subject.I have little knowledge of the ACW.Have always liked the look of Zouaves though.
    Very nice painti g Geoff.
    Richard.
  9. Geoff Charman A Fixture

Many thanks Guys, I do like colourful uniforms as most of you know and this being my first ACW bust I don't think it will be my last.

Geoff
    Viking Bob likes this.
  10. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Nap, that is the exact page and reference I was thinking of. Appreciate it, :)

All the Best, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society of Atlanta, GA
    Nap, Viking Bob and Geoff Charman like this.
  11. Geoff Charman A Fixture

I have been on this off and on with him for a few days but I think he is finished, apart from getting a plaque from Name It.

P1120918 (2).JPG P1120919 (2).JPG P1120920 (2).JPG P1120921 (2).JPG P1120922 (2).JPG

Really enjoyed painting him, I have now used up my busts for the moment so it is back to a vehicle, it's OK, there will be some figures with it.

Geoff
    arj, Nap, Viking Bob and 2 others like this.
  12. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    Geoff nice paint...
  13. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Excellent painting Geoff, like the face in particular. It is a great looking bust.
  14. Squiremon PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautiful work. Came out really well. It was fun watching your progress. Thanks for sharing.
  15. Geoff Charman A Fixture

Many thanks Santi.
    Thanks Bob, I'm pleased with his face too, but then I do like painting faces.
    Thanks, pleased you enjoyed watching my work.

Geoff
    Viking Bob likes this.
  16. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Nice brushwork.
  17. Graham A Fixture

England
    Love it Geoff, great bust very nicely painted. Another great piece from you (y)
  18. Geoff Charman A Fixture

Thanks Ken.
    Thanks Graham if that was meant for me or have you posted on wrong thread again?

Geoff
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Geoff

That's come out nice , like the uniform colour especially

Thanks for sharing ...don't stay away from busts too long !

Nap
  20. Geoff Charman A Fixture

Thanks Nap, I'll try not to.

Geoff