1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Leopold von Daun - 54mm toy soldiers style figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Borek, Oct 6, 2017.

1. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah, there's not as much demand for Austrians, or Russians, either, except among a small number of painters or collectors. If your figure were available as a kit, I'd buy it for my collection.

Back in the 90s and into the early Aughts, the outfit in Poland, PZ-Miniatures produced some kits of Seven Years War Austrians, in 54mm. Stadden included some Austrians in his catalog, too. They're all few and far between, when you can ever find them.

Up until about 10 years ago, the same was true of British and French figures from the Seven Years War. Tradition introduced a new series of kits of British and French at that time, and they're a welcome addition, for me, in any case.

Can you tell us who the local manufacturer is, who sells your figures? I'd be curious to have a look at their catalog.

Prost!
    Brad
    Borek likes this.
  2. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic

Hi Brad :)

Manufacter name is Hannah Miniatures

Her website is:

http://www.hannahminiatury.net/

Beware, there's no e-shop, just a web presentation. You must order via mail. With the owner it is possible to arrange for the purchase of figure without painting.

But watch out!
    Figures are cast by gravity, resulting castings are not as good as precise centrifugal casting. Figures always have a visible molding line, more pre-painting adjustments are needed.

Cheers Borek ;)
    theBaron likes this.
  3. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks, Borek! I'm curious to take a look.

Over the past year, I've seen finished figures for sale on eBay, figures of Napoleonic Austrian subjects, some Russians, too. I think that the seller was in the Czech Republic, but I may be misremembering. The figures were finished in about the same style as Frontline Figures, or early King & Country, or King-White/Reeves, aka the "Chinese style". It'd be interesting if Ms Hannah is the seller.

Prost!
    Brad
    Borek likes this.
  4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I got to take a look at her site. Did you sculpt the figure of Maria Theresia? That's one that I may ask Hannah about, to paint myself. I have an old Vertunni figure of the Kaiserin, but I don't know of any other fully round figures of her, that anyone has ever produced. At least, I've never seen one-Stadden may have had one in his catalog, back in the day.

By the way, I take it that "císař" is Czech for "emperor" (from Caesar, just like Kaiser)? Is it pronounced similarly, with a hard "k"--"keezar"?

Prost!
    Brad
    Borek likes this.
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Some really nice figures there! They would fit well with some of the figures from Russia, I'm thinking especially of Niena.

I do think these are the same figures I've seen for sale on eBay, too.

I may have to share the site with the gang in the Treefrog Toy Soldier forum, too. I think they may enjoy seeing your figures, too.

Prost!
    Brad
    Borek likes this.
  6. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic

Hi Brad.

No, this is work of Daniel and Kathy.

No, it is not spoken with K. At the following link in the google translator, click on the speaker icon and you will hear the pronunciation (if you have a sound on your computer :) There is an Císař (male gender) and Císařovna (female gender)

https://translate.google.cz/?hl=cs#en/cs/císař císařovna

And yes, Císař is the Emperor

Cheers Borek :)