1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Le Garde Recule - Part 3 - Painting

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Every one has said what I think, the woodwork on the muskets, they look great.
    regards
    Bob
    smudger1960 likes this.
  2. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks bob for your kind words ;-)
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Del for those kind words,I would' the say they're are'nt many better painters,there's probably thousands of better painters than me,however I do have my own particular style which I've developed over the years and it's a style I'm really comfortable with,I may do a blog as I've kept all the photo's I've taken of the project,it's always nice when someone appriciated and supports your work,it seemed a daunting task at first but I've always wanted to do something waterloo related like this and I'm really pleased with the way it's going.
    Viking Bob and DEL like this.
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Andrew,I'll PM you later
  5. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Amazing progress Brian, i will be just the echo of our fellow members about the realistic paintwork of the wood and of course all the excellent work you do with all these figures!
    Also a big thank you for your time to share them with all the superb pictures through your sbs...
    Many things to learn from you yet... and when you finish with the defenders maybe it will be time to start with those who attack them :)...
    Dimitris.
    smudger1960 and napoleonpeart like this.
  6. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dimitris

Many thanks for your kind words,its always nice when someone appreciate ones work,you mention about the attackers,well it may interest you to know I have been planning a similar project to this involving british infantry at waterloo,i wont however be starting it until 2016 (y)

Brian
    napoleonpeart and Perseas like this.
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I managed another couple of days painting yesterday and today and set about painting the uniform / greatcoat of the 2nd bust,this is the eagle bearer which will become the focal point of the scene once all is completed,again I have completed about 70% of this bust,i have the eagle standard to complete yet and just some minor tweaks here and there.

la garde recule 012.JPG la garde recule 014.JPG la garde recule 010.JPG la garde recule 019.JPG la garde recule 020.JPG la garde recule 001.JPG la garde recule 002.JPG la garde recule 003.JPG la garde recule 004.JPG la garde recule 005.JPG la garde recule 006.JPG la garde recule 007.JPG la garde recule 009.JPG la garde recule 026.JPG

Brian
  8. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    smudger1960 likes this.
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  10. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks again Ian for your continued support,it's starting to move along now
  11. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks bob for your kind comment,glad you like it so far
  12. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Brian,
    I was lost for words to describe the painting of these fellows, every one has said it all, what else can I say.
    Best regards
    Bob (y)
    smudger1960 likes this.
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Can't wait to see this completed Brian as Del said no one does this better than you.

Cheers Davie
    smudger1960 likes this.
  14. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    It's pretty obvious that you are really enjoying this project Brian, you're doing a great job mate.
    Best wishes, Gary.
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks again bob,I did think this was going to be the difficult and longest part of the project,but surprisingly it's going really well,thanks for your continued support
  16. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Davie for your kind coments mate
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Awesome work Brian. It's gonna look like a painting from Eugene Delacroix trough the colors you are using.
    Beautifull.

Marc
    smudger1960 likes this.
  18. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Brian,
    Lovely work as usual. Will this be ready for Oundle?
    cheers
    Richie
    smudger1960 likes this.
  19. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks marc for your kind words mate and support
  20. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks richie for your kind coments,unfortunately it wont be ready for Oundle,i'm hoping to have it completed in time for euro militaire though