1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Latorre Models coming back...

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Forté, May 25, 2016.

1. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Or at least that's what the Facebook post seems to hint at.
    Screenshot_20160525-233121.png
    Lasalle, Fabricio_Fay, Tommi and 6 others like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

Always good news to hear that a new or revived company is coming to the field.If this company then happens to be the project of one of the best sculptors around the news become great and not just good.Fingers crossed...

Oda.
    Nicolaos and Edward like this.
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I saw this myself yesterday,are they coming back into production ?
  4. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Saw This yesterday too Could well be they are releasing the old range Maybe to start with. will be nice to see him back.

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  5. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He's never really left but been doing things for companies like Art Girona and his own MProyec (fantasy stuff but still his quality).

Be nice to see it be new lines rather than making the old sculpts available again. More so those who hunted down hard to get miniatures don't find their time and money were wasted.
  6. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This can be nothing other than good news.
  7. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    That would be good news if they're going to produce the back catalogue again.I was a massive fan of Raoul and painted quite lot of his early stuff.His fantasy stuff is really top class ,but dare i say it,his historical figures that he's done for other companies,are not up to the usual standards you would expect from this icon of figure sculpting and painting.It's just not the sculpting, but his historical figures have not been anatomically correct, and look like they've been rushed.
    I don't take any pleasure in stating this fact IMO, but it had to be said.I would have bought anything,sight unseen,by Raoul at one time ,but i realised you can't just rest on a name,especially with his recent historical figures.I hope that if Latorres figures starts up again,he can return to his best.
    There is nothing personal meant by this,as i've always had a good relationship with him, and his earlier figures.
    Brian
    megroot, Babelfish, Oda and 6 others like this.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brian, I couldn't agree more.
  9. Oda A Fixture

So true,Brian.

Oda.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I also agree with what Brian says, some of his recent stuff has been a bit hit & miss. This 75mm Viking that he did a couple of years or so ago for Art Girona is lovely though, so the talent is clearly still there and if he can get consistently back to that level, I look forward to seeing what else he might have up his sleeve.

latroee viking.jpg

I don't see why releasing new stuff and reissuing the old stuff should be mutually exclusive. Why not both?! I take the point about "so those who hunted down hard to get miniatures don't find their time and money were wasted", but the flip-side of that is the guys who haven't been able to get hold of the pieces they like from the old range.

I reckon we'll just have to wait & see what's in the pipe, but if the company is coming back that can only be good news.

- Steve
    brian, Forté and Oda like this.
  11. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom