1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Latest diorama entitled "Stalingrad"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dancap3286, Jun 15, 2013.

1. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Hello all. This is my latest diorama that I have been working on since just after Christmas of 12'. It depicts remnants of the German sixth army along with a few straglers here and there from the panzer korps. The figures are all converted to various degrees. Some were extensive conversions and others were as simple as just adding a head from Hornet or The Body or Warriors, Jaguar etc. I actually used a lot of injection molded figs from Dragon,Tamiya, and Master Box. I find the injection molded figures a treat to spruce up and get them into shape. The factory is scrathbuilt from cell u foam however the lower right hand portion of it as well as the holding tanks are from Masterpiece Models. Check out Masterpiece Models website as they have some great dio stuff. Those of you that are familiar with Rick Lawler will recognize some of the masters that they produce. Thanks Rick! The large brick wall that is behind the blast furnace and tanks is scratched from balsa foam which I found a little more forgiving than cell u foam. The holding control shed was also scratchbuilt using Plastruct and Evergreen products. Finally the tank wagon is from Baluard (a resin & white metal offering and the blast furnace is from a Spanish company called Toro. I used alot of AK Interactive stuff on this dio along with some MIG stuff and Bragdon Enterprise weathering pigments. All the painting was done with Vallejo and Citadel acrylic paints. I'll answer any questions you have by posting here or just shoot me an e-mail. Also a warning that there are alot of pics here, enjoy!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/dancap3286/media/IMG_21071_zps37a9884a.jpg.html
    Tommi, Mac1966, Lasalle and 15 others like this.
  2. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
  3. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Wow!...that is absolutetly awesome Dan!

Just so much work involved there, everywhere you look there are details done to the highest quality.

Simply brilliant!

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  4. Bimmer3.5csl Active Member

Greece
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's really wonderful.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Just awesome!
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    There are no words for this fantastic masterpiece. EXCELLENT.

Xenofon
  7. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    not enough words to describe the quality of this piece, well done a credit to you.

ian
  8. templar magister Active Member

Greece
    The best Stalingrant I have EVER seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Christos
  9. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Now that is something else !
    Brilliant story telling, the level of detail breathe taking, and the painting is of a very high level. Every single figure has been treated as a stand alone figure or bust, beautiful work.
    Thanks for the visual masterpiece.
    Karl
  10. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
    Fantastic work !
  11. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Fan...bloody...tastic
  12. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    That's brilliant, Dan! I always love your dioramas- so much going on at different levels in the dio, and all painted to a top-notch standard.
    It must take a hell of a lot of patience to see a project like this through to completion though. Great work!
  13. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dan,
    Awesome work on every level the attention to detail is second to none, just one small request could we have a full panoramic photo of it all.
    cheers
    Richie
  14. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Jesus......... It's wonderfull...... nothing more to say....

Regards
    Pedro
  15. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Holy crow Dan! What a feast for the eyes! I could stare at this all day and find something new. Everything is top shelf. Like the others, I salute you.
  16. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can only dream of ever being talented (and patient!) enough to pull off something like this. It's one of those works that you can look at time and again and still find something new.

Superb!!

- Steve
  17. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Great story telling ! Love every single bit of it !
  18. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very good
    Special respect for getting all Russian signs right
  19. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Amazing work fantastic
  20. Draghetto Active Member

Italy
    INCREDIBILE...... It's a wonderful....