1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Last Samuray

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Alex Lopez, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Hi friends! I want show us, my 70mm original figure The last samuray, I hope like us...
    I want your comments...
    Regards, Alex Lopez.

Attached Files:

2. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Another view...

Attached Files:

3. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    ...And, last photo.

Attached Files:

4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent figure! Would love to see some close ups on the armor parts and face.
  5. LCoote New Member

Australia
    That's excellent work Alex! and a good likeness to old Tom as well!
  6. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Stunning work! I'd love to see a more detailed photo of the body armor. Looks like you've sculpted a great deal of detail.
  7. Edson Member

Mexico
    Excellent work my friend!! very well done the sculping.

Ed
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Alex........you have done a great job and yes........he does resemble Tom Cruise. I would love to take a brush to this one. Will he be available commercially?
  9. atitan_to Member

Nice work, as the pervious message mention: your work is better than that from manufacturer...

Can you post the process of sculpting here, to let all of us know how you do this excellent work?

Titan
  10. callum Member

Looks good, what material have you used?
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Alex, Very very nice. What material did you sculpt him with? The likeness looks very good. Could we see more close ups?~Gary
  12. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Thanks for all comments my friends! Answer your questions, I tell you the figure has made with epoxic clay mexican product (plastiloca) it is like duro or a+b clay mor less, the same material I had made the Aquiles.
    I'll try to show photos of modeling process, and here you going to see some close ups...
    And, yes I'm going to commerciallyce in August (after Aquiles in July) by ALEX LOPEZ models and distributed by Aresmythologic, but, if anibody wants it now, I have some figures, and you can tell me in my personal mail...

Regards, Alex lopez.
  13. gdcdreamer New Member

Alex, congratulations my friend, excelent work! You got it again like with your Aquiles!
    Amazing resemblance! You got a gift!
    Regards from AR
    Guillermo
  14. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Very nice Alex. Superb likeness!

-jim cox
  15. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Thanks for your comments, Guillermo and Jim.
    And Jim, I want know one thing... The Clint Eastwood image on your log. It's a figure or actor's photo? :eek:
    Regards, Alex.
  16. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Hey Alex,

My avatar is a live shot. I'd like to do a waist up bust of this pose though (I'd love to see you do one!). I heard Warriors had this bust out some time ago, but I've never seen it.

You do great work!

-jim cox
  17. Pete_H New Member

Jim,
    Actually, Legends & Lore had this bust. Perhaps they still have some in stock over at VLS? It's a nice bust, but I thought the detail on the revolver was a bit lacking. The likeness is dead-on too.
  18. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Can you send me that photo Jim? I'll try to make another version... I'm agree, that's an exelent pose, and I was think to make like 54mm figure... But, the bust can be a great proyect too...
    Regards, Alex.
  19. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the info on the bust Pete. I looked on VLS's site and they don't carry it anymore. :(

Alex, here are a few pics I got off the internet. If you do a google search on 'Clint Eastwood' you'll come up with a ton more of the actor in character. Also check out his site at ClintEastwood.net.

-jim cox

[IMG][IMG]
  20. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Thanks Jim, I'm going to deside to make a foot figure in 54mm or a bust in 200... What do you think? And maybe I put the progress in this forum...ok?
    Alex.