1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Last one of the Waterloo set.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Chris Ribchester, May 22, 2016.

1. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Progress shots of Wellington, the last one of the Waterloo set. Doing this in a different order to my last two , doing the regalia before the tunic, see if it looks tidier, do others do it this way or do you get tunic done first ?.

well2.jpg well1.jpg
    Huw63, Oda, anstontyke and 5 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Good start Chris

Personally I find it easier to paint the tunic first but really it's whatever you find easier for your style ....be careful those metallics don't get into the tunic colours though!

Looking forward to seeing more and seeing all 3 together

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Wings5797, Oda and anstontyke like this.
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey Chris,

This is a VERY good start!.

When you do the tunic, keep some of the shading colour back, and use it as a wash on those gorgeous gold braids, you should see it make the cast detail pop out at ya.

I have been looking forward to seeing this!
    Paul.
  4. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    I agree with both Nap and Paul - this is a great start! Additionally, I also find it easier to start with the tunic.
    Looking forward to seeing this finished and all them together.

Phil
    Oda likes this.
  5. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Good start Chris.
    Although I have to admit that I did paint the tunic first when I painted this bust, but it's good to see that you're experimenting to see what works best for you.
    Looking forward to your next post.
    Keep up the good work.(y)

Malc
  6. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I find it much easier to cut in so I would base coat the tunic do the medals then cut in again with the tunic base colour.

Some really tidy painting there.

Gells
  7. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Thanks all, I'll see how I do by doing it this way, may end up doing next one the 'normal' way, but, Gells your way sounds good, I'll give it a try.
    cheers Chris
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  8. Andre Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hi Chris, this is looking great, better than my first start!
    Keep up the great work :)

Slainte,

Andy
    napoleonpeart likes this.