1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Last of The Mohicans

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Bowery, Jan 25, 2009.

1. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    This is the Infinity Shape figure and I located it in Australia last year. 54mm in size.
    I am trying to get my colours to "pop" like Danilo's book.
    So far I am happy with the results but Danilo does not have to worry about me yet:D
    I have not yet done any weathering and the face needs a little touch up as I accidently got a little blue on the neck.(clumsy)
    I have yet to put a gloss and highlight on the eyes and may lighten the lids slightly. The cloth of the figure will get a coat of flat "Dullcoat" prior to attaching to the base to blend the folds of the clothing more.

mohican 002edt.jpg

mohican 003edt.jpg

Acrylic base and oil for light and shade.
    The pants are more of a gray colour than the blue of the photo. I used the Windsor Newtons blue black for the grey.

All comments and advise is welcomed.

He will go on a base with a running stream.

John
  2. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Great work!

That's cool!!!:eek:
    It's the POP color for certain.:eek:
    The color of the clothes and the fresh tone are wonderful.
    I bought it about a book of Mr. Danilo, too.
    It was very helpful.;)
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice, John! Excellent skin tones and the buckskin is great.

All the best,
    Dan
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well done John. Strange that you had to get this figure from so far away, but at least it came from a good home:D

Great start to the painting. The buckskin looks very clean. I hope you'll dirty him up a bit.
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    John i think you are on the right path. Your painting is clean and disciplined, and shows real care. I think you will have a nice piece when this figure is finished. I wish a good way till the end

Costas
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work so far John!

Jay H.
    OKc
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Super painting John. I have this figure as well and hope mine turns out as good as yours is.
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The faded blue on the leggings look very nice John as is the rest of the figure.

Steve
  9. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice John! I really like the flesh tones and the jacket, very well done! The one thing that I see that could add to the piece is to outline the eyes a bit more. Maybe a dark reddish brownish kind of color on the upper eyelids and a bit lighter reddish brown for the lower eyelids.

Either way it is looking really nice! Your coming along great!
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks a great job so far to me.

Marc
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Mitsutaka, Dan, Tony, Costas, Jay, Guy,
    Steve, Anders, Marc.
    Thanks for all your encouraging comments and for taking the time to look.

Anders: Thanks for the comment I will give the eyes a try when I do the final clean up. Thanks for the tip.