1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Last Knight, 1918

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sergey Popovichenko, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    I present a figure of the American infantryman in World War I in experimental armor. 120mm resin. Painting - acrylic and oil. Sculpted by Pavel Prokhorov (Moscow). Soon we can expect the figure kit in sale.

Attached Files:

2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done. I prefer it with the 'Tommy' helmet, and the coal scuttle helmet on the base.

Best wishes,

Mike
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work.
    Like the figure and his WW1 equipment. A war that is almost forgotten by the American people.

marc
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Beautiful!
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Superb! Put me down for one!

All the best,
    Dan
  6. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Great work Sergey !! - I like your method of oils over base coat of acrylics, only downer I find is that it matts out/dulls the colours a little to my eye, giving it an overall dark shade or shadow, so a more vibrant coloured figure overall is not achieved, for specific scenes (WW1) this can suit very well of course.:)
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sergey, excellent painting and congrats to Pavel for the great sculpting and creating something different.
    I bet it wasn't experimental for long as he probably attracted more friendly fire than hostile.:)

Cheers Ken
  8. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Nicely done Sergey, very different.

Cheers David
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wish it wasn't 120mm, but I gotta to have one
  10. Augie Active Member

United-States
    BRAVO!!!(y)(y)(y)

For those wishing to read further on the subject, I recommend Bashford Dean's Helmets & Body Armor in Modern Warfare (New Haven, CT: Yale UP, 1920).

Looking forward to this one!

Augie
  11. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
  12. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Friends, thank you for your feedback! Nice to read so many compliments!

To work with this figure was very interesting! Rich detailing just struck me!
  13. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    I used oil only for the metal parts, human skin, leather parts of ammunition, wooden products. The fabric I paint only with acrylic paints.
  14. Sergey Savenkov A Fixture

Italy