1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lansquenet 70 mm - Elite miniatures. - Finished -Pics

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello Guys .

Some times we see nice figures on the internet, and we are impressed , but then fr a long time we dont see them painted either on shows or on the net , for no specific reason.

So i was moved to paint one of these. The Elite miniatures 70 mm Lansquenet.

[IMG]

My inspiration and motivation to paint this was Pepe Gallardo's excellent painting (i confess that he is one of the 2-3 painters, i am fully inspired from ).

So i paint it .

The figure is nice as sculpting, but ........there was a problem at least on my copy , but i guess on most or all castings.

The left side mold line run across the middle of the cheek of the guys face, on his nech , and shoulder till down to the feet. The problem is that the face part is deep and difficult to remove with out making any damage to the sculpting. i used every tool and method i knew for this purpose but took me 3 evenings to clean it before i primed.

Then priming showed a ghost trace of the line , even if it was not visible withthe eye. So i stripped and redone the cleaning , and finally made it !!!!!

Its painted with Valejo acrylics, few oils and few printers inks.

i just hope you like it. I tried to give an artistic paint tone , not so technical , but maybe a bit more romantic. I dont know if i made it ...but i tried !!!!

have fun guys

costas

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

and some more..............

Attached Files:

2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    and the last .....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks

Costas
  3. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Costas

Great painting and a wonderful groundwork. What do you use for it? That looks natural.

Ulrich
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Ulrich Hi and thanks . You said it . I use natural plants that i dry and preserve. Moss from humid areas, small tree branch parts , small peebles from the fields and stuff like that .

Keep Safe
  5. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi My Friend
    Beautiful PaintJob in total one good work.Bravo
    Saluti MAB:D
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Mau .
    After this your Pegaso Sanita Commander will be the next !!!!

This was the warm up !!!!!

Keep Safe and kisses to beautiful Mascaluccia !
  7. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great painting, Costas. Well done!

Best regards
    Artur
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    thanks a lot Arthur. Was a figure to enjoy !!!
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful painting my friend(great fleshtones)!!!!
    my compliments
    All the best christos
  10. beczy Member

Hungary
    Good job Costas. The groundwork is fantastic as usual.

Best wishes

Béla
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Christos and Bela . i really felt better finsihing this one . I hope the next one will be even better !!!!!!
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    My friend Costas that's a great piece of painting of yours. I really like the colorful pallete and the realistic groundwork.

Xenofon
  13. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    great job.
    You inspire others!
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Xenofon and Vergillius. Trying to improve even a little bit with every figure , is really hard, but thats the only way i like to keep painting in the future.
  15. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Costas as always very good work!

greetings
    Marcin
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Marcin thanks a lot for your compliments my friend

keep Safe

Costas
  17. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    One of your best pieces so far Costas! Very nice and straighforward and the ground work is a nice simple compliment to the figure. I would have liked to see the barrel of the gun drilled out, but a very minor point. Great stuff!

Jay H.
    OKC
  18. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Costas, Nice paintjob. Fortunately you were able to note the mold line before moving on to painting the figure.~Gary
  19. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot guys for your points. Appreciated
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Costas,

That is sure a great figure. I ignore this figure because the hobbybank was empty at that moment. But when i see it i really like to have one. Sure Pepe is also a favorit of mine.
    I must admit you did a great job on this.
    Marc