1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Lancer of the Imperial Guard 2nd Regiment Light Cavalry

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Jul 13, 2012.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    As my Korean Warlord is slowly coming to a end, I started this 75 mm from Pegaso.
    ''2nd Regiment Light Cavalry'' Lancer of the Imperial Guard, 1811-1815.jpg

After a few evenings cleaning and pinning and priming this is where I'am know. Not very much but it is a bunch of part's. He is gonna ended on a awesome Walnut Base homemade by Ron.
    lancer 002 (Small).jpg lancer 001 (Small).jpg

I really hope I can do this figure justice. One thing is for sure, I cannot paint like Mr Cartacci.

Marc
    Meehan34, Tommi, John Bowery and 8 others like this.
  2. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Excellent figure, I would like to paint it too... maybe one day. Good luck ;)

Regards
    Pedro
  3. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    Marc, the folds on the upper side of the legs (trousers) are inaccurate. Before it is too late, I suggest you erase them.
  4. RFL Active Member

United-States
    I think you will do a fine job on this Marc. Like Paul, I don`t know what that vertical fold/ridge running up the front of the overall is suppose to represent, doesn`t look correct for the all cloth trousers.

How is the overall casting on this one ??

RL
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Paul.....you mean the fold that runs all over his leg at the front.
    I thougt is should be there as it whas on the picture from Pegaso to.
    I gonna remove it.
    It's always good to see somebody has some accurate knowledge.

Marc
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well, this is the only thing to clean. Some little putty on the back half of the horse. Some very, thinny, mouldlines.
    It is not cheap but worth every Euro.

Marc
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Marc,
    I completed this figure this spring, it was an absolute joy to paint. The only thing I would have done differently is the lance shaft. I would remove the bottom half cast to the right hand and replace it with a one piece brass rod passing through the right hand. Other than that I enjoyed working on this.
    Good luck to you, I'm sure it will look great!

Colin
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    yes, i thought about that to Colin. Well you inspired me. so the lance shaft is now changed.

marc
  9. jan willem stokkers Member

Netherlands
    Great to see this from you Marc. I bought this one at the AMSS show this year and also Rob bought it. So now i can watch you painting it. I'am not sure how it is called but the piece of leather around the hores his tail isn't it better to put it in place already because is has to go around his tail and is to small to put it in place now.

Looking forward to see this one and everything will be done with oils?

Gr. Jan Willem
  10. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I have no doubt you will nail this Marc
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    dank je JW. Ik miste dat stukje. Dacht dat het een onderdeel was van de Lans. Maar nu zie ik het. Het zit er nu op en kan weer opnieuw beginnen met de basiskleur te airbrushen.
  12. jan willem stokkers Member

Netherlands
    (y)graag gedaan Marc!! No problem Marc...glad i could help.

Gr.JW
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is the first upgrade on the Lancer.
    Horse is finished (the painting) but still a little wet.
    Groundwork is finished on a outstanding base from Ron Tamburinni.
    Let me here what you all think. lancier 001 (Medium).jpg lancier 002 (Medium).jpg lancier 003 (Medium).jpg lancier 004 (Medium).jpg lancier 005 (Medium).jpg
    Pictures are not so good. Colour of the horse is almost like the second picture. First looks a bit greyish.
    Tommi, sarouman, NickM and 3 others like this.
  14. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Off to a great start... the horse looks excellent and I dig the base and groundwork

Colin
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive start Marc.
    Carl.(y)
  16. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Nicely done Marc!! Off you go toward a great figure!! ;)

Regards
    Pedro
  17. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it. I've got Pegaso's Polish Lancer, similar looking figure but at 54mm. Seeing this is giving me a lot of motivation to start working on that one. Now if I can only finish off a few of my current projects to clear some space on the work bench...

Anyway, I'd say you're well on your way to a beautiful figure. Thanks for sharing.
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thank you all guys for the support.

Marc
  19. Mark S Guest

Coming along well, Marc.
    I look forward to seeing the final piece.
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Mark.
    Marc