1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kuan Yu - Chinese General 300 AD - Andrea 90mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    [IMG]

Hi guys and gals.

After a month of painting i managed to finish this one,that has been primed and waiting for more almosts 6 months maybe, until i felt ready to give it some paint.

This was the initial plan as was posted here on March

Primed figure and base

As usual i worked with Valejo Acrylics, and few oils and printers inks.

I just hope you like it , as i have counted for the total of it more than 100 of painting and working hours - both for the figure and the base - believe it or not !

The figure had a lot of fitting problems and had given me almost a week of resculpting parts and correcting details and bad casting points.

But this was definatelly a painting lesson and i just wish you likethe result.

I also would like to thank my friend John Pradarelli fro sculpting me one of the 2 Green Dragons of War (lizards that is ). The other was sculpted from me .

The small tree is made custom from different natural parts of plants

I just hope you like it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

P.S. I shooted many pics as i think you like to see a lot of them ;)

More than 35 detailed of them can be found here

Kuan Yu Pictures
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Costas,

Extremely well done. Really neat painting. Congratulations with the finish of this figure. Alot of work is done on it.
    Your base is again stunning.

Marc
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot my friend. I really worked pretty hard on this one, and had some really hard times, but i was pretty much decided tomake it over. Thanks a lot
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good morning my friend Costas. Knowing the effort that you put on this piece my congratulations for the finished piece are just too little. Unfortunatelly the pictures are not your sharpest, but having seen some better ones of this piece, I can say that you amazed me, once again. :)

Xenofon
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Xenofon thanks a lot . I am sorry for the pictures butthey werre taken under pretty bad lighting conditions . Thanks for your compliments. Encouragement is definately the booster of this hobby !!!!!
  6. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    WOW Bro
    This is a great Work .......... compliments
    very good the face and the graundwork
    also the dress decorations is very nice.

Bravo ;)

MAB
  7. Lubitch Member

Poland
    Costas,
    Outstanding painting and super groundwork !!! (y)
    I admire your precision in painting details :eek:

regards

Wojciech Lubicz-Lapinski
  8. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Costas
    A beautiful piece of work my friend You have brought a colourful period in history to life One can almost feel the silk in the cloth!
    If you had so much trouble with the fitting of the kit, do you think that you probably had a bad casting? or has anyboby else had the same problems?
    Still you have certainly overcome the problems and produced a real gem, Well done
    Cheers
    John
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dear guys thanks a lot for your commenting .

@MAB As you see my friend i am trying to improve . You will see it at Saint Vincent

@Wojciech dear friend thanks. Detail painting is a sectionthat i try hard to improve as i believe its crucialfor a good painted figure

@John All the friends i had asked when i got the piece told me the exact same problems, so i guess it was overall production problm.It just took me more time to prepare . annd added me some sculpting experience
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Costas ,
    This is a painters dream though I suspect you had a few unsettled nightsas well !!! , really great finish and very effective , makes me think about removing my freebie figure of this but in 54 mm ...another optivisor I feel !! I have seen a few versions of this and yours looks really good especially the basework ...off now to have another look at mine !...reg ;) ards Kev
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot my friend . This is definately a painters dream and a nightmare atthe same time . I am happy it was finished .

Thanks again
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Costas,
    this guy turned out very nicely. I really like the colorfulness of the clothing. Your groundwork gives a great Asian feel as well. Well done!

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Costas,

Spectacular.... the groudwork is really amazing, creative!!!

Allan
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot guys . When i make a base i always try to give some of the area and period air to it to match with the figure .

Keep safe
  15. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great work Costas, especially the face and the groundwork and all the decorations and well EVERYTHING :lol:

Well done.........keep them coming........

Take Care,

Ray ;)
  16. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Great stuff Costas. Well done

Stephen Mallia
  17. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Costas, what a beautifully painted figure, I love it.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc :)
  18. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot guys for your encouragement. I will definately kep on tryiiiing!!!!

Keep safe
  19. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Kosta,I missed that!
    This is beautiful my friend,everything looks GREAT!
    (poli kali douleia,teleio!!!)
    christos
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot my friend . Ihope your bust painting is going along fine !!!!