1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kriegscommander

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Jun 19, 2016.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

Lately I had the opportunity to do some more modelling, so here are some pics.

This one will be titled :Kriegscommander (I know; nothing original), the figure is from Forge World. My first from this company and I'm really impressed : lot's of fine detail, excellent cast and almost no clean up! That's how i want all my models to be!!! Scale is 28mm and the figure is cast in grey resin.

First pics are quite at the beginning, as you can see on the white primer still visible :

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

On the next pictures he's almost finnished. I'm sorry I don't have more in progress pics but I need to set up my "photo studio" in the living room each time I want to take pictures.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And here are some pics of the base he'll be mounted on :

[IMG]

[IMG]

As always, all is painted using acrylics, inks and pigments. All I need to do is paint some OSL on the bottom of the figure. It's supossed to be a glowing toxic pool he standing before. Never done OSL before, so that's going to be a laugh. Then mount and intergrate him on the base, touch a couple of spots and then he's finnished;

Please let me know what you think of it, also on the pictures; are they better with this set up or not?

Cheers,

Gino(2dope)
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Mooi werk Gino.
    28 mm is voor mij veel te klein.
    Goed om weer werk van je te zien.

Marc
    gforceman likes this.
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hoi Marc,

Ik amuseer me nog steeds met figuurschilderen hoor; alleen met fantasy de laatste tijd. Door omstandigheden, je weet wel, kan ik niet zo veel schilderen als ik zou willen dus duurt het wat langer eer ik iets klaar heb. Jij lijkt nog altijd een goed tempo te pakken te hebben zie ik. En ik vind ook dat de kwaliteit een pak vooruit gegaan is (op foto toch, maar dat zal in het echt ook wel zo zijn zeker?(y)

Vele groetjes,

Gino
    megroot likes this.
  4. Huw63 A Fixture

Good to see you modelling again. Nice interpretation of this figure.

Cheers

Huw
  5. Andre Active Member

New_Zealand
    Very cool, great figure and excellent painting. I have seen many painted versions of this figure on and in the White Dwarf magazines and codexes and I must say yours has to be the best representation yet!
    Love it!!!!

Slainte,

Andy
  6. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hello Huw and Andy,

thank you very much for your very nice comments, I appreciate it a lot. Wow Andy, thank you very much mate. Although I feel it might be a bit much critic to my work. I have seen some Deathkorps figures painted by some Spanish and German modellers and they are SOOOOOO much better then mine,... Makes me want to throw mine in the garbage can. Luckly it's not only the result that counts for me, but more the fun I have painting and trying to come up with bases that tell a little story and the way modelling can calm me. Kind like a therapy!!!

Thanks once again and I hope to post (better) pics of the finnished scene soon,

Gino