1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Knight Models: New Release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Flashman, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Flashman Active Member

United-States
    Hello

From Knight Models, we decided from these developments, stop limit editions of our kits, there are many references that are still out of print demanded by our customers, so from now the news will not be limited.
    The above will be kept in limited edition

We want to take this opportunity to apologize for the delays in orders for the past two months, we are working to solve these problems and hope they will be solved soon.
    Thanks for your understanding

Team Knight Models.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS

[IMG]

[IMG]

SCULPTURE: ALFONSO GOZALO
    PAINTING: JOSE MIGUEL CABALLERO Delso
    More Views: http://www.knightmodels.com/product.php?id_product=141

TERROR SERIES

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

SCULPTURE: HUGO BRIONES
    PAINTING: ALFONSO Giraldes
    More Views: http://www.knightmodels.com/product.php?id_product=140

AND THIS CHRISTMAS ....

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    BIG Fan of Knight models, great subjects, star wars, lord of the rings etc. I have purchased many models and will definitely continue to do so.

My only niggle (not only with Knight Models but more so after seeing Aragorn) is that the figures are sometimes posed, their stance almost looks forced, and quite unrealistic. e.g. it bugs me that Aragorn has the sword in one hand and the bow in the other, what is he going to do? shoot the sword with his bow? or is he posing in a macho manner saying I have a sword and a bow? Another example Princess Leia Organa Boush - I get the impression she is on holiday and is taking a picture to send back home...the only thing that is missing is someone saying "smile"......

I apologize for my little outbreak, but I find the subject matter of Knight Models awesome, but the unrealistic pose on certain figures, however much I like them, will mean that I will not be purchasing them. Of course if someone can convince me otherwise...I am open to suggestions.
  3. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    I agree with you.

Darth Vader looks like a comic book cover pose. And i have it!
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Very nice
    Best
  5. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    I like the pose,In fact I think it is a stunning figure all round.
  6. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sometimes I think these are model figures and not real life at all!;)
    Pekka likes this.
  7. krom1415 Member

United-Kingdom
    I like them,
  8. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dont get me wrong I am a big fan and I think the figure is great...I also get that I am talking about realistic poses on a fictional figures or model figures (ironic)...I know and accept that artistic license on the part of the sculptors and modellers is part of the game - however it's one of those things that bums me (personally) out sometimes. As modeleres (I believe) we go to great lengths to get colours, uniforms and details etc correct and perfect.

Anyway...really look forward to seeing an Uruk-Hai figure - and I don't care if he will be holding a bazooka or a banana- I will turn a blind eye and buy it. Thanks for listening.
    Gellso likes this.
  9. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Why has Aragorn got a Bow in his left hand....?

Dave
  10. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Hello friend

Because :
    1 it's not easy to hold both sword and bow in the same hand
    2 because he is walking to his combat post, the rope is on the bow, that's happend only when you think you may need to use your bow
    3 because he is on the top of a slope, the weather is not good, it rained the night before, the ground is damp and he don't want to spoil his bow
    4 usualy he has the Daily News in his left hand, but, he didn't received it today
    5 because it's an artistic license

realy I don't know, but it's a macho think.... this is fantasy
    ;)
    legend69 likes this.
  11. Banshee -A Giraldes New Member

:LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja. jejejeje

i designed the pose of the two miniatures.. so it is my fault Dave. next time he will have his hand free. i dint know it was not allowed to carry two things at the same time. but my girlfriend always tell me that men doenst know how to deal with two things at the same time so , maybe she is right.....jejejej.

Btw, the real answer is nº5. artistic license.
    legend69 and billyturnip like this.
  12. krom1415 Member

United-Kingdom
    Haha, I do see your point.:)
    I still like the figure though, I'm thinking he's just picked up a stray bow, after a fight, and not put his sword away yet.
    legend69 likes this.
  13. legend69 Well-Known Member

Greece
    I would say Aragorn is more of a GQ magazine man or maybe Men's health he may even take a quick peek at the Mordor Mirror.
  14. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    I don`t want to sound harsh because the talent of the sculptor is obvious (just look at the beautiful detail work) but I have to admit that I am disappointed of the Aragorn release. So far the faces and poses of the LOTR characters were spot on. "Stryder" has a sort of stiff pose and the face does not look like the actor Viggo Mortensen. Getting his facial features right seems to be difficult because in my eyes so far nobody has succeded to portray him in miniature but I wished that Knight Models would get it right.
    Cheers, Martin.
    Manfred likes this.
  15. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    I just think it looks good (y)
  16. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey, I love the figure, it's great, just didn't know why, but I will go with the artistic license, I will be getting one

Some brilliant answers guys, cheers guys, ha, ha

Dave
  17. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I like the Aragorn. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it were resin and half a heartbeat if it were resin and a larger scale (90 or 120 mm). Sigh! Oh well!
    Gerald
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    I'm buying this. Aragorn - you're mine.
  19. iwik Active Member

United-States
    Hi guys!
    Sorry but after having bought 3 KM miniatures and each time hoping the foundry would improve and justify the price, I am done buying your kits...
    Ciao
    Iwik
  20. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I love the "zombie" genre ("Walking Dead" - awesome show!) so the Zombie Hunter is a must-have for me.

The Aragorn isn't such a good likeness for Viggo Mortensen as the Andrea 54mm offering (which I have half-done on the shelf), but it's still a very nice figure. As has been said, the bow shouldn't be there but that ought to be an easy fix.

- Steve