1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Kit review-Tamiya WWII British Infantry On Patrol

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Alexander Bruce, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Alexander Bruce New Member

I brought this Tamiya kit yesterday during a day out in the city. The kit was from Melbourne's prestigious Metro Hobbies (CBD store, not Box Hill) and cost me $11. I also brought Tamiya paints (XF-1-Black, and XF-52-Brown) and some fantastic Tamiya cement, this cost me (and Dad) around $24.

The Kit:
    The kit itself was beautifully moulded and with minimal flash. The figures were molded in pretty boring poses but with amazing detail surrounding them. The weapons and webbing included were identical on two seperate sprues, they are four Lee-Enfield Rifles, two Bren-Guns, and two Sten-Guns. Webbing include Canteens, Helmets, Knapsacks, Entrenching tools, Mugs, Pick-axes, Spades, Ammo-Pouches, and British Revolver Holsters.

Heads:
    The heads included are nicely sculpted and are moulded in "speaking" poses with their mouths open. The heads include hair part which can be painted seperately.

Uniforms:
    The soldiers are wearing the 1937 uniform, which was basically the same throughout the whole war, with web anklets and basic issue boots.

Conclusion:
    The kit is very well moulded with excellent detail. As I said before, poses looked boring and lacked any real "zing". The weapons and webbing were my favourite of the whole kit, really intricate and interesting to look at. Overall, I agree that it is a fantastic model kit and would hands down recommend it to anyone. View attachment 190444
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
  2. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Is that the model shop in the basement under the station on Flinders Street?
  3. Alexander Bruce New Member

No. Metro hobbies is on Swanston Street next to KFC and Arthur Daleys Clearance warehous. Your thinking of Hearns Hobbies.
  4. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Ok, I was in Melbourne last winter for the cricket (yes, I know, more fun to come here this summer as well) and stayed in the Rendezvous Hotel just over the road from that shop. Had a look around the shop but not much military stuff in there. However, had a good chat with the owner. Also, am from Great Ayton, same place as Capt Cook!