1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Kings German Legion - Part 1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Markus, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Friends,

here are some pics of a vignette I just started.Scale 75mm. The Vignette shows the Kings German Legion at Waterloo / La Heye Sainte.

The first figure is a regular soldier.

Tomorrow I will show the next one.

In the moment I have planned a group of three figures - maybe I will do some more.

I hope you like it.

so8.JPG so7.JPG so6.JPG so5.JPG so4.JPG so3.JPG so2.JPG so1.JPG so9.JPG
    peedee, marco55, Huw63 and 10 others like this.
  2. mark126804 Active Member

United-States
    Very cool. Like the idea. I will definitely be watching.

Mark
  3. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Markus,
    Good build all around .
    Gruess
    Andy
  4. Edward A Fixture

England
    Looks great! The pose reminds me a bit of the Almond Sculptures 95th Rifles figure.

Will it be commercial?
  5. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Great. These guys are the subject of the recent Brendan Simms book, "The Longest Afternoon - the 400 men who decided the Battle of Waterloo"', which is well worth a read. It argues that they played an even more important part at Hougoumont than the action at La Haye Sainte.

Will follow the vignette with great interest.

Jeff
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Really good stuff Markus!

Cheers
  7. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Very nice idea to produce a scene of the KGL that bore the brunt of the battle for Wellington`s centre.
    IMHO the pose is close to the figure done by Richard Almond but lacks the balance of his sculpt. The left front leg does not look as if it supports a part of the body weight. This feeling is increased by the sandbag below that does not sink in. The recoil of the rifle will inevitably push him back from his position or make him fall down.
    Beside that a nice looking crisp sculpt and I will look forward to the accompanying figures.
    Cheers, Martin
  8. Huw63 A Fixture

It looks really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers

Huw
  9. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Friends,

thank you very much for looking and commenting. I really appreciate your feedback.

The vignette was inspired by the 95th rifles of Richard Almond, a Diorama of Raffaele Nalin and tons of paintings and illustrations.

@Edward: Yes, it will be a commercial vignette.

@Martin64: Because of the sandbag you are right - lots of thanks for your observation. I chanded that, so the foot is sinking in the sandbag a little bit. About the bodybalance: I think he is standing stable. A few weeks ago I shot a Baker Rifle, I think it was loaded with 69 Grains powder. I shot round and oval bullets and I found the punsh of the weapon not really hard especially when you shoot it standing or kneeing. I think the punsh of the rifle was like a 308 Win.

Here are some pics of the reworked sandbag.

so1a.JPG so2a.JPG so3a.JPG
    so4a.JPG so5a.JPG so6a.JPG
  10. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    I have reworked the figure a little bit, cause I had a discussion with a friend about the sandbags. We are not sure that the soldiers at Waterloo used sandbags for protection...

Now there is no sandbag anymore but the rest of a little wall. Depanding on that I also have redone the left leg a little bit.

I hope you like it.

so1b.JPG so2b.JPG so3b.JPG
    so4b.JPG so5b.JPG so6b.JPG
    so7b.JPG so8b.JPG
    OldTaff, JonH, Manfred and 3 others like this.
  11. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Was this ever released?
  12. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I have just seen this one, I am now following this. Great concept, great sculpt. Love it.
    Regards
  13. KuK_Grenadier PlanetFigure Supporter

Austria
    Hi Jimmy,
    I saw this set of figures at the "Herzog von Bayern" show in Ingolstadt (see enclosed "poor quality" picture).
    I there bought the officer which is a really nice sculpt. He is cast in white metal (see other pictures :)),
    I hope I could help a bit.
    This set is not on the website from scorpio models, don't know why.

a001.JPG a002.jpg a003.jpg

Christian
  14. mick3272 A Fixture

Good idea to get rid of the sandbags, I didn't think it went with the period.
    Other than that it looks good,
    keep it coming

Mick
  15. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one !

Paul.