1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Acrylics Kids playing on abandoned cannon in Russia 1944

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Arsies, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Arsies Active Member

Spain
    The 10.5 cm leFH 18M was the standard German divisional field howitzer used during the Second World War. It was designed and developed by Rheinmetall after the war broke out in an effort to get more range from the basic leFH 18 design. A muzzle brake was fitted and the recoil system adjusted to allow the use of a more powerful charge and new long-range shell. Generally it did not equip independent artillery battalions until after the Battle of Stalingrad in 1943. 53 were also exported to Finland, where they were known as 105 H 33.

Some time ago I saw on internet a picture that shows some childs playing in an abandoned cannon in Russia and it took inmediately my attention. It’s an idea that is very close to the kind of models i want to do, small stories with soft conversions that are far away in meaning from the clasical soldier posing, very close to military models. As it was a not very complex project I decided to give it a chance.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Arsies Active Member

Spain
    Bigger problem was to find the correct cannon based on picture to be historically correct as pic didn’t show so much of it. Documentation process was long and hard, end, once located, finding a model that fits on wasn’t easy neither.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Kids minaitures are from Andrea’s brand and even if the boy (that comes with Charles Chaplin) didn’t needed conversion, the girl that comes with a dog and an old boy in a sled needed lot of dremel work.
    swing wasn’t easy too, even doing it is quite simple, placing it without scratching the minitures with enought strenght and tension could be called at least stressing.

Hope you like it!.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

3. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi mate
    Love the composition and the finish,I must admit the children figures compliment it so well ,very often small children figures look they are from a horror film .the little one sat watching perfect .even though the gun is a big part of the scene it does not overpower but becomes a balanced part of the story .
    Wonderful modling
    Cheers Chris
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Great, wonderful idea and I like it very much
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant.
    Carl.(y)
  6. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    A touch of genius my friend.Brilliant scene!!!!
    Brian
  7. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Brilliant scene, really well done.

Alex.
  8. swralph A Fixture

excellent scene
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Awesome scene and awesome executed.

marc
  10. Ferris A Fixture

Very nice composition, it's very well-balanced. And original!

Adrian
  11. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Great find with that picture, and even better payoff with your diorama. Excellent work
    Ben
  12. miniwarpaintsystem New Member

This is one of the Best ideas. Well done:)
  13. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Great idea. Well done.
  14. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    What a beautiful piece, my compliments!
    Karl
  15. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Arsies, A great looking piece. The artillery gun doesn't overpower the figures, you got it just right. I also think your "wedgie" idea with the artillery piece, opens up a new way to display guncrew figures, without the size of the gun becoming an issue. Beautiful work, and an outstanding idea. Regards, SG:)(y)(y)
  16. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    (y)(y)(y)(y) (y)! Well Done :LOL:!
    Kenneth.
  17. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Spectacular------
  18. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very creative and executed very well.
    Cheers
    John