1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

KHARKOV 1943

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by lbfactory, May 9, 2014.

1. lbfactory Well-Known Member

France
    Hello fellow modelers
    this is one of my last sculpt
    1/10 bust of Paul Klose in Kharkov 1943
    regards
    Laurent

PAUL1.JPG PAUL2.JPG PAUL3.JPG PAUL4.JPG
  2. Vitalino A Fixture

GREAT JOB!!!

I like it a lot!!!

Regards

Vitalino
  3. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey Laurent!

I have him in primer and it's awesome!!

Great work again my friend!!

(y)

:)
  4. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    wow, simply stunning! Even without paint it's clear to see all the different textures. A masterpiece!

Cheers,

Gino
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice indeed.

Pedro.
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    (y) Is this a commercial piece?

Joe
  7. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Looks GREAT!
    Can someone tell me a little bit more about the scarf/wrap around his neck? Is it a scarf or?
    Again, I'm only asking for info. by no means do I mean anything bad about the sculpt.

Thanks,
    Steve
  8. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I think its a toque, basically a tube around the neck that can be pulled up over the head. A very long turtle neck! Lots of the Ardennes figures have them

[IMG] [IMG]
    yeo_64 and Martin64 like this.
  9. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Save0002-2.jpg Save0003-2.jpg Save0001-3.jpg Hello Laurent, The likeness is spot on. Great sculpting on this piece. Regards, SG:)(y)(y)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  10. engeee Active Member

United-States
    Thanks JB! That makes sense. I guess I just thought it looked thicker than something like that esp. where it meets his neck/throat. Must just be a combo of my eyes and the angle.
    Again, looks great Laurent.

engeee
  11. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

I love this piece, looking forward to what is around the corner :) superb sculpt
  12. swralph A Fixture

Great sculpting
  13. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    A great sculpt indeed. Well done.

Xenofon
  14. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work.
    More Germans please.

Gells
  15. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    S_and_T_Products_STP16016_1.jpg Hello Laurent, After looking at your great bust at least a dozen times, it finally reminded of the old S&T figure, by John Rosengrant. Which brings me to a question I would like to ask, will you ever do a full figure for Stoortroopers, or any other manufacturer commercially??? If your full figures look as great as your busts do, what awesome figures they would be. I like the crispness, and well detailed pieces that you create, and hope you will at least consider a full figure in the future, any chance??? Best of luck to you. Regards, SG:)
    Goetz and JasonB like this.
  16. MrBMB A Fixture

I agree this and Youngs busts need to be turned into full figures
    I don't mind that the bust is made first but can't you then do it as a full figure afterwards
  17. Bimmer3.5csl Active Member

Greece
    Fantastic my friend undefined !!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Laurent's busts are great - I quite new here (well, I set up my account here years ago but then I haven't been there) and Laurent's work belongs with no doubt into the top of the top I've seen here, yet. I think it would be good for many people to paint his full figures. I have no space in my cabinet but I know many people have. These figures would also be good as (for example) a part of living room.