1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

K.U.K. Bust in progress

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by pokrad, Dec 19, 2014.

1. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Size of ammo pouches recalculated - now is it me or are they looking too big ???
    I did not expect that I missed it that much...also the size of pompons (not corrected yet) is wrong(too small).
    Does this look right to you or did I made some mistake calculating to scale and to work units ??? Did check twice...confused...

[IMG]
  2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Hmm, it looks I did not miscalculate, total height of a head is aprox. 21-25 cm, and this is almost half of the height of the head...so correct.
    Also on pics that Jack posted, height is more than twice bigger then height of the belt...doublecheck - so my perception was totally wrong..
  3. JackG Active Member

Canada
    At first look, pouches did look oversize, but maybe not. Could be something else ... does the belt buckle height scale to 40mm ? I'd suggest removing the stitching on the waist belt as it might be creating the illusion of a much thinner belt? Pouches should sit central on the waist belt, so you should raise their position.

Re-enactment photo, but your bust proportions do like right, just try the stitch removal and center the pouches.

[IMG]
  4. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Yes, 40 mm (or in my case 4.4 units - which is 40/9 as scale is 1/9...)
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi ,

The medal looks good in the position , itself it's quite a small medal but the ribbon looks too small visually .....perhaps go for the other one which is a larger medal .

This is looking good , the pouches are different sizes as you said and slightly angled at the lower edges

Keep up the great work

Nap
  6. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Here it is, now pouches are touching lower edge of the pockets - but that is the case on the most of the pics - so I guess it is right...

[IMG]
    JackG likes this.
  7. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Will try to enlarge the ribbon...
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Only a suggestion .........
    take off the cross belt , it's seen not being worn in pictures this would allow you to show the attachment to the cords

Nap
  9. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I think I got it...construction error was making my pouches too big...
    I misunderstood how pouches were constructed and made a wide leather border around them,,,new ones are missing that border, and the stitching is as on reference pictures.

[IMG]

Here I am currently, now I have to do damn uniform folds and finish it:

[IMG]
  10. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    I think the size will be good. Maybe the sawing need correction.
    amo 2.jpg
    amo puches.jpg
    JackG likes this.
  11. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Darko!

The order/medal is too small. It should have a size of more than the great green balls...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    napoleonpeart and JackG like this.
  12. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Huh, sorry, madhouse at the work, hardly had time to sculpt at all...

Martin, if I understand well (at least there is where I picked up the info), there was small and big version (31 and 40 mm)..

http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/bravmed.htm

In any case I could make it bigger (40 mm - that is exactly the size of bigger pompons)

I am going to work on the bust for the weekend to finish it...

Meanwhile a few free moments I had I've been working on a much simpler concept, but I like it:

[IMG]

As usual all crits are welcome, even if I do not agree with some of them :)
    JackG, Black Army, Dan Morton and 2 others like this.
  13. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Nice caracter Darko! Just eyes are a little bit stranger.
  14. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    There are many good general caracters. Try to copy some head details. ;-)

Attached Files:

15. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Sure,If I do a general then it must look like some of them ;)
    It's just a concept for now, but I was looking at some of them, on this site,
    among others von Lovcen that you proposed:

http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/biog/trollmann.htm

Glasses are just concept attempt, as some of them were using glasses.

But first to use a weekend to finish the first one...
    Black Army likes this.
  16. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    BTW: here it is without glasses, they are partially making the eyes looking strange:
    [IMG]
  17. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I finally got my 10 days off the job, so it's time to work on this again...
    First started with some details on the head: wrinkles, some texture, nothing fancy, just to get me om the road ;)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    JackG, mandreas and Dan Morton like this.
  18. vince wai Active Member

Hey,

The face start getting life, good job.

By the way, do you start off a sculpt with a particular scale?

vince
  19. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Usually I set my "unit size" so it matches actual size in mm, but that is just because I want to be able to check relation of sizes between different objects.
  20. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    That's it, I'm not gonna touch this head anymore...Maybe it's a bit overboard with the wrinkles and texture for the printer, but maybe some of it will show.
    Next to revise the torso...

[IMG]
    [IMG]