1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

[Jun 27, 2015] BUGLE CALL 2015 (Bath)

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Nap, Mar 10, 2015.

BUGLE CALL 2015
Start Date: Jul 4, 2015 10:00 AM
End Date: Jul 4, 2015 05:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

North Parade Road
Bath BA2 4EU

Link (optional):
None

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I had to meet the wife who was shopping in Bath at 1:30 so I was unable to meet others from PF, always next time.
    Bob
    napoleonpeart and garyhiggins like this.
  2. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Thanks Bob, nice to meet you too, see you around the shows:).
    Best wishes, Gary.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Thanks to the organisers and support for a thoroughly enjoyable show and I'm sorry I forgot to bring the Jelly Babies:).
    Best wishes, Terry, Chris and Gary.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

A BIG THANK YOU to all that came along great to meet you Bob ...and you are still talking to me !!

Show itself was quiet but he club displays were great , high standard of models ...some wonderful stuff from our very own Mr Gary Highins and of course Jimbo ( yes he ate the jelly beans) , saw some fine looking motorbikes from Msrtin Philpott as wells do lovely display from Andrew Jamowski (arj on this forum).

Thanks to all that travelled in the heat hope you all had a safe journey home .

Nap
    arj, Martin Philpott and garyhiggins like this.
  5. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice to put some faces to names - thanks for all those who put the effort into organising the show. Lots of lovely stuff to see, a few figures added to the rapidly growing grey regiment (not quite an army yet). Only two regrets . . . I missed out on the jelly beans :( and I should have put in an offer for all those boxes of lovely Historex stuff looking for a new home.
    Even managed a bit of time to watch a few overs of the cricket match in the sunshine at the end of the day
    Cheers
    Paul
    Martin Philpott and garyhiggins like this.
  6. Martin Philpott Active Member

England
    Superb day, thoroughly enjoyed it. Hats off to all of those involved with the organization, everyone was well looked after. Great venue, good parking, good quality traders, great club displays and a good comp.
    Was very pleased to be able to have the opportunity of helping with the judging, huge congratulations and well deserved two gold's for Garry Higgins, was grey to meet you Gary.

Martin.
    garyhiggins likes this.
  7. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Nice to meet you and chat Martin, best wishes, Gary.
    Martin Philpott likes this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments , the show is the clubs and they did themselves proud , yes quiet but lots of great friends and models .

Congrats to Gary and all that entered in the comp on the well served awards.

DaddyO ...met Viling Bob ( cheeky monkey him!!) but didn't see your badge so apologies for not speaking mate...

STOP PRESS ...Jelky Beans will be on our stand at the next show at The Helicopter Museum in Weston Super Mare on the 12th July

Nap
    garyhiggins and Martin Philpott like this.
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I will try at get there, the lure of jelly beans being too much
    garyhiggins, DaddyO and napoleonpeart like this.
  10. Martin Philpott Active Member

England
    I shall be there :)

Martin.
    garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent show (as always). Many thanks to the organisers for their efforts in putting it all together.
    The array of traders was akin to a sweet shop to a youngster. I came away heavier in hand and much lighter in pocket.
    Gary, it was great to meet you and to see your superb work up close. Congratulations on your awards.

Andrew
    garyhiggins and Martin Philpott like this.
  12. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Nice to meet you to Andrew, great as Planetfigure is, I still enjoy meeting people face to face best:).
  13. Briank Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thank you all for a good day, was quiet but still enjoyable and still don't know how the BFFS got best table and Nick Ball best of show, you'll be making his head even bigger if you keep letting him win :D:p
    Brian
    BFFS Committee :rolleyes:
    garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  14. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Congratulations on your Best Display, and to Nick on his Best of Show(y)
    Gary.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  15. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kev and the rest of the crew,
    Thanks for a good day on Saturday, was most enjoable and glad to meet a few friends and make news ones as they passed the stand.
    Also it made a ncie change to drive down to the show in day light nice to see what Bath looks like :) even managed to get home in the day light to.
    Thanks again.
  16. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Just a question regarding the town of Bath. Prior to Euro Militaire Im taking a bustrip from London visiting Stonehenge and Bath. Any recomendation about what to do or see, except for the obvious.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  17. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    You could spend all day just dinking in the magnificent architecture alone, but there's a great American History Museum there.
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  18. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    The American Museum is outside of Bath (top the hill) near the university of Bath, at Claverton manor. The pump Rooms and the old Roman Baths are well worth a look and if you fancy old fashioned tea rooms the go to Sally Lunns BUT the are loads of nice pubs too.
    Bob
    garyhiggins and Uruk-Hai like this.
  19. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for the tips. It always nice to have options shouldnt the roman bath consume all the time.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  20. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    If you click on the above map it will help find you way around the city. It also give's historic landmarks