1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

[Jul 25, 2015] FigureWorld 2015 (Northamptonshire)

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by RossM, Aug 27, 2014.

FigureWorld 2015
Start Date: Jul 25, 2015 10:00 PM
End Date: Jul 26, 2015 04:00 AM
Time zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST

Oundle
Northamptonshire PE8 4GH

Link (optional):
http://https://www.facebook.com/events/882565198441927/

Confirmed Attendees: 14
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. RossM Active Member

Australia
    Early notice about FigureWorld 2015. Same venue and location so start planning ;-)

I will post more detail in this thread as it becomes available but if you have any questions then please just ask.

On behalf of the organisers

Ross
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    It's going to be another great day ....no booking needed !!!

just come along you will not regret it just have a fun day

Nap
  3. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Kev, are you really sure about the timings? I think how you've put it, it's an Einsteinian impossibility and a really funny time to have a show???
    Best wishes, Gary. And count me in:woot:
  4. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    See everyone there folks ...don't miss it ...put it in your diary ......

Nap
  6. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Diary duly noted. Funny time for a show though; 10 at night till 4 in the morning ;)
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I'll be there,really like this show
  8. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    I thought this thread needed bringing onto the first page so "Way Haaayyyyy!!!!!!":):LOL:
  9. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    With Figureworld only 6 weeks away I thought I would introduce one of our demonstrators.
    Ian Succamore will be ensconced on one of the demonstration tables and will be sculpting and painting.
    Ian has written many articles for Military Modelling and Figure Painter Magazine. He is a multi-medal winner at Euro Militaire and has won several Best Of Show awards in the UK. He has sculpted several individual pieces and in 2014 his first commercial figure was released, which has been followed up by more this year.
    One of the friendliest and most approachable people in the hobby, Ian will be very happy to share information on what putties and sculpting techniques he uses as well as colour mixes and where his ideas come from. Attached are some smudgy snaps of Ian's work.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    crf, Blind Pew, napoleonpeart and 2 others like this.
  10. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Is there a list of confirmed traders available yet?

I've got a shopping list as long as your arm and would rather buy direct from a smiling friendly face than from a faceless web page (but I will if I have to ;))
    garyhiggins likes this.
  11. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I envy you guys in the UK having access to a show like this. The format seems to be completely civilized.
    MalcC, garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Really looking forward to the day and many thanks to the guys who make it happen(y)
    garyhiggins likes this.
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Jumbo .....

And of course you are looking forward to having the total pleasure of me sitting next to you on the way up eh!

Looking forward to the day ..well worth getting up early and disturbing my beauty sleep!

See everyone there

Nap
    Jimbo and garyhiggins like this.
  14. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England

I'll be hauling the Sphere Products stand along again this year. All the usual burnt wood plus paints, tools brushes and anything else I can squeeze in to the van :D
    garyhiggins, napoleonpeart and Eludia like this.
  15. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Jon, I still have the 1/72 aircraft stand I got from you last year. It's the best figure stand I have, maybe you could remarket it ;)
    garyhiggins likes this.
  16. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    My plans for attendance thrown into disarray, as it's my pal's wedding that weekend. And I'm best man, so I'd better go:rolleyes: Managed to book a hotel for Euro, though(y)

Alan
  17. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    I don't know who it is that designs your beauty sleep Kev, but you need to have a word with them 'cause..................
    napoleonpeart and Jimbo like this.
  18. JonP PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Cheers Billy; we do now supply the stand base on its own as quite a few figure modellers have shown an interest :)
  19. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    With only a couple of weeks to go we would like to introduce our second demonstrator at FigureWorld. Shane Rozzell, head honcho at Figure Painter Magazine is going to give an airbrushing demo. For those of you thinking of buying an airbrush, or those already using one, Shane will be talking you through what he does to make his airbrush sing. Here are some snaps of Shane's work.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  20. Graham A Fixture

England
    Ooooo, hope I get to see this! Will demos be in the 'tea room' or upstairs?