1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Josey Wales

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JCOX, Apr 2, 2005.

1. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Here's another conversion piece I've been working on. I took the Pegaso Cowboy at the Saloon and added the Andrea Clint Eastwood head to it. Added the colts and sculpted his jacket and belt. Pretty straight forward. Couple more touch-ups before painting. The scene is taken right from the movie when he encounters the bounty hunter:

BH: "I'm lookin' for Josey Wales."
    JW: "That'd be me."
    BH: "You're wanted Wales."
    JW: "Recon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?"
    BH: "Man's gotta do something for a living these days."
    JW: "Dying ain't much of a living boy."

-jim cox

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim,

I really like this one. I look forward to seeing you paint it. Josey was and still is a great movie!

Joe
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim, That figure seems to have fit the bill for the subject. The head really worked out well. One of the many Eastwood films I've enjoyed watching.~Gary
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Jim
  5. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Nice one Jim! great idea. It's a great likeness too that head.
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    I like this Jim..the head really does the trick and works well with the pose.
    Looking forward to the next step.

Roy.
  7. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very cool. I always liked this part of the movie. This figure should look great when finished. Looking forward to seeing it then.
    Pete
  8. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jim, Only seems appropriate that you convert him to Josey. I have noticed your photo of Josey on your posts and think it is pretty cool. Excellent job on the conversion piece. The figure reminded me of the character Artimus Gordon from the Wild Wild West tv series. The head wasn't right, but Gordon wore a buckskin jacket and two holsters for a while before going to one. I can't wait to see your conversion painted. Great job!

Happy Trails, Terry Martin
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great, Jim! I thought his old Indian friend ( the top hat) would make a great figure...or bust.

Jason
  10. Leonardo New Member

This Josey is exelent!!

Leo.
  11. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. Hope to have him painted soon.

Jason - His indian friend (Lone Watie) is near the top of my list for a bust as well as Josey himself.

"I didn't surrender either - but they took my horse and made him surrender. They got him up in Kansas pulling a wagon I bet." - Lone Watie

-jim cox
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    A chief Dan George figure or bust would be neat.~Gary
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Fabulous work James,

Hope to see him painted soon.

Marc
  14. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Josey finished. Sorry the pics didn't turn out that great (but neigther did the paint job! :) ).

-jim cox

[IMG][IMG]