1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

John Chards Rorkes Drift diagrams

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Mat Lambert, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've posted this info before into a thread by Richie on his Rorkes Drift art commission but quite a few planeteers have been interested since so thought I would add it as a new topic in case others are interested too.

I found these earlier this week on the internet - John Chards hand drawn diagrams of the Rorkes Drift battle made for Queen Victoria.

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/e...r-john-chards-account-of-the-battle-of-rorkes

They were a revelation to me as I missed the news of their discovery in the summer this year. There is a good quality PDF copy of them if you follow the link.

Cheers
    Mat
    Bassman, Trex and Huw63 like this.
  2. Huw63 A Fixture

Thanks for sharing - I love gathering sources such as these.

Cheers

Huw
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the link Mat.
    Interesting site.(y)