1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Joe Powell

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Richie, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    After viewing the thread of what has been completed in 2012 I decided to give myself a kick up the banana's, as I still have a few work in progress and a lot of new purchases.

This is my version of Sergeant Windridge 2nd Battalion, 2nd Warwickshire 24th Regiment of Foot, Rorke's Drift 1879 as played by Joe Powell in Zulu. Still to matt varnish and I may do a bit of touch up here and there now I've seen the photo's. Hope you like him, I enjoyed painting him.
    cheers
    Richie
    CIMG5426.JPG
    CIMG5415.JPG CIMG5416.JPG CIMG5428.JPG CIMG5431.JPG CIMG5438.JPG
    Martin64, Wings5797, crf and 2 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Richie, great looking figure and very nicely painted. Is this a stock figure or a conversion ?

Cheers Ken
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ken,
    Thanks, it's a stock figure now OOP, the only thing I've changed is the left hand as I used one of Reedees Miniatures Martini Henry's instead of the original.
    cheers
    Richie
  4. Don Well-Known Member

Very nice job Richie, lovely work on the mealie sacks. Like the way you have captured him. Strangely enough I watched him do this this afternoon.

Don
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Don,
    Thanks, I had some help for the mealie bag from one of the lads on a Zulu war forum who gave me a picture. When I need some real inspiration I stick Zulu on in the background.
    cheers
    Richie
    mealie bags.jpg
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    You done it justice. Well done!
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Is it one of the Mike French pieces Richie?
    Looks well mate,
    Carl.(y)
  8. Mark S Guest

Great job Richie, nice piece.
    And thanks for the pic of the mealie bags I've saved that one.
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job mate, you have been busy :), mealie bag looks very good with its authentic markings, also like the tea stained foreign service helmet, nice touch.

All the best

Steve
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Richie,
    Nice finish.
    Cheers
    John
  11. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great work Richie.
    Like it all mate, especially the lack of the white FS Helmet.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  12. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pedro - Thanks for the nice comment.:)

Hi Carl - Thanks, correct again, there's nothing much that gets past pF oracle.:)

Hi Mark - Thanks and you're welcome, I think I have some photo's from Brecon of the biscuit boxes if you want them too.:)

Hi Steve - Thanks, I know it's based on the film character but wanted to add those authentic touches.:)

Hi John - Thanks for the nice comment.:)

Hi Keith - Thanks for the nice comment.:)

cheers
    Richie