1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jeff Shiu SS Untersturmfuhrer Western Front 1944

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Rompy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi pf,

Here's the figure i recently completed. As always all comments & critiques are welcome :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Rompy nice artwork, what scale is it ?
  3. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Its 1/16 :)
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Rompy! That is lovely work! Great definition and depth of feel. However, correct me if I am wrong, .. you had some grief with the. MP40 ? more so the barrel, over the stock! This is also my problem with Jeff's MP40's.

Regards,

Mark
  5. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore

Thanks Mark :) While the barrel had to be pinned separately, i felt it was manageable. The stock however had 3 pieces and that made it a wee bit challenging :)
    Perhaps Jeff could look into casting the MP40 with the barrel as a single piece in the future :p
  6. MrBMB A Fixture

Great painting, really like the layering/mixing of colours
    I like Jeff's figures ....... But the head is just wrong
    It's looks way to big/long and like a cartoon figure

But your painting the body is great, but I still won't buy it due to the head
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Rompy,
    Fantastic paintwork, love the leather jacket and your shading is excellent. I'm not sure if its the photos or not, but he looks elongated, and as MrBMB says above, the head is way overscale and a cartoon chin. Not that this is anything you can fix, its in the sculpt. Greta use of simple groundwork
    Ben
    Rompy likes this.
  8. Vitalino A Fixture

Hi Rompy

Fantastic paintwork, love the leather jacket !

Vitalino
    Rompy likes this.
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Another really nice piece from you Rompy,the leather coat looks very well done with the wear on it showing through,and I love the setting with the fallen leaves,great work
    Rompy likes this.
  10. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks guys :)