1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Jack Aubrey bust WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, Mar 25, 2009.

1. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Hey guys, here's a couple shots of my current project: the amazing Jack Aubrey bust from Young Miniatures. The chest section is pretty much finished, just some highlighting to be done on the gold buttons and some more work on the epaulettes. The face and hat are only basecoated, and the irises of the eyes are not painted in yet. I'd love to know what you think!

Jason

Attached Files:

2. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Jason
    Brilliant paint job.Look forward to when it's finished.Do you paint in oils?
    Brian
  3. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brilliant as usual, Jason. I can't wait to see your work at Tulsa this year. Those blues and golds are surreal they are so good.
  4. Magnus A Fixture

Great work!

Hi!

Fantastic paint job on the torso, very nice finish, you handled the highlighting of the coat very well. A super good feel of the colors.

Look forward to see the progress on the face.

All the best,

Magnus Fagerberg
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jason,

This is a magnificent bust and you're doing a brilliant job, particularly the blues andgold braiding.

I'm looking forward to seeing the face completed.
  6. Hardy Guest

going to be a good un'. Hardy
  7. Robert Laclavik Active Member

Czech-Republic
    this is gonna be hella good Jason. impatiently awaiting progres on the face.
    R.L.
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jason,
    Wonderful painting, the blending and highlighting are amazing.
    Look forward to seeing it finished.

Cheers Ken
  9. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    What does one say to such perfection? The biege vest is simply outstanding. The dark blue is spot-on! Can't wait to see this one at Tulsa this year!

Jay H.
    Okc
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Jason.
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Jason,
    I saw this bust last thuesday at our clubmeeting. It is some great bust to paint.
    You did justice to it.

Marc
  12. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jason

Superb as usual, can I just point a little thing out, The chest area with the light tan/cream seems a little dark, but that may be the images. I know this may be a little picky as it is so beautifully painted. As I know you are a terrific painter, I may be stepping a little close to the knuckle, but I hope not.

Dave
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, Everybody else has said it. That is a fantastic bust and the blue is perfect IMO. ~Gary
  14. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Jason "I'd love to know what you think" - what can we say to such well executed colours so far, I'm trying to get my acrylic brush painting to a higher level, looking at your work I can but only aspire. Very good work as usual my friend.

Thanks for posting, RobH.
  15. Bob Bethea New Member

United-States
    Perfect as usual

The waistcoat is terrific and the whites are perfection. I cant wait to see it in Tulsa along with the Murat, the lancer officer and Lee Van Cleef. I also want to see some photos of your son if you dont bring him along. Im really proud for you for the fantastic work youre producing. Congratulations.
  16. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Beautiful work, Jason. As others have said, the colors really "work". I am not advanced enough to know why exactly, but it certainly looks good!

*sigh* and thanks for costing me money - I will now have to buy this bust :)
  17. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Excellent paint、 Jason.
    I liked the color of the clothes.
    Wonderful painting!
  18. dak66 Member

United-States
    Good job ..

Can't wait to see this one done .
  19. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Jason, great Start on the nice figure. I lıke your dark blue and flesh tones.
    I'll be follow your work.
    Regards...............
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Nice work Jason. Would love to see this live!!

Stephen Mallia