1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Its all Joe Hudsons fault.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Uruk-Hai, May 17, 2004.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    ..or to thank for making me pick up this figure again by his post. The figure has been sitting on a shelf for over a year due to my problems painting wood grain on the inside of the shield. Now I will pick up this lost ambition of mine to finnish him off. Or wine trying. :)

As you see he not a part of the "Grey Army" but rather partially painted. Im picturing him as a Celtic warrior captured in Gallien or Britania and forced to be a gladiator. Fairly pale skin with some distinctive celtic pattern woad tattoes. A cut with blood over the chest is also planned to be added.

As you see I usually start from the head and work my way down on a figure with the exception of metallic parts which is usually laid in first and then thorougly dried or sealed.

The base is my own creation. Sand with a hatch inspired from the film "Gladiator". It cant be seen yet but there are some footprints in the sand and some from paws as might as well which I found innovative.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Comments, ideas and thought are always welcomed.
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Janne,

I wish I could take credit for your gladiator! ;) I really like what you are doing with him and I like the base. That is such a great idea! (y) Now I will take the blame if I don't get to see the finished version! :lol:

Joe
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Janne, (y) (y) job so far !! Do give us an update soon ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Janne-

Looks great. I especially like the plume on the helmet. Well done. :)

Keith
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for the comments fellow figureteers...............

By the way Joe, I liked the leapard drape on your Mermillo. However I will not do the same on this piece Ill keep that for another figure. Maybe a pin-up.

See what I can do, I will have four days of from work now starting thursday. See what I can do during that time.