1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Is this a bette picture?

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Uruk-Hai, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi Figureteers!

I wasnt satisfied with the pictures in my first post so Ive played around a little with the digital camera tonight. Do you like this one better. Please comment on the photography. All suggestions and tips are welcome.

[IMG]

My first thread with the earlier pictures:
    First thread

Cheers
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    I like the picture from an 'artistic' sense. However, it is way to dark to be able to give feed back from. When Im asked to critique a piece online via email, I ask them to send large pictures with a lot of light. 2 100W lightbulbs placed roughly 45º from subject on each side photographed with a light blue background provides excellent pictures. That will give a great clear picture, however it is not good for showing a finished piece like this. For finished pieces I think your pic is excellent.
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    From what I can see the figure looks pretty good, The picture is a little dark, but than again I know your work and what you are capable of.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. Calvin Member

The pict looks good, it's just a bit dark. When taking snapshot like this, try to avoid the usage of a background with the same tone of the figure, it stifles the figure and makes more difficult the photoshop (or whatever you have) retouch (for example, if you want to extract the figure to put it with another background).
    If you do not make any digital retouch and if you are using a cardboard as a background, placing some little spot light behind the cardboard will make a nice effect.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Janne,

the base looks not so metallic as in the first pictures, and there is colour on the knight. The flag looks much better to. So, after all you made an excellent figure with a really tastefull base. But i stay on my first comment about the base, some more colour on the ground wouldt really do justice to your base.
    For the figure: Great work.
    For the picture: better than the first, but one diafragma stop open wouldt be better.

Marc
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Janne. The photos show off your work.
  7. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well I like it...........a bit on the dark side maybe, but that didn't do Darth Vader any harm..... ;)
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Janne, Nice photo. It could probably be a little more light. It takes awhile to know the temperment of our camer, so with more biggers I'm sure you'll one day arrive at the picture quality you're looking for.~Gary
  9. cScha2dv Guest

I think the figure looks great but I agree with the others that the photo is too dark:)

Best wishes
    //ALEX