1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Is there any 1/48 figures Anzac WWI, 1918.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Uruk-Hai, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hello Figureteers!

I have in mind a scene that would need some figures in 1/48 depicting Australians in France 1918.
    Is there any figures I can work with? I do believe they had very similar if not the same uniforms as the Brits?

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  2. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Janne

At that scale British and Australian soldiers will look very similar. The major difference is that British soldiers have black boots and Australian soldiers have brown boots.
    Uruk-Hai and winfield like this.
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Janne: A suggestion... There are a number of photos, illustrations, etc., of Australian uniforms, equipment and weapons on the Forums. You can find them all the way at the bottom of Forums - Uniform References - WW1, Australia. But I agree with Tony - I believe by 1918 in France, Australian forces would have been using British equipment, weapons and uniforms - particularly in front line actions.

All the best,
    Dan
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  4. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    With the tin hat, yes, Brits would work. If you want to depict any Aussies wearing the bush hat, some conversion work would be necessary.

That being said, I'm not sure I've seen any Tommies or Doughboys in 1/48, though. Is there anyone who makes them? I know that Tamiya has started to release some of its figures in 1/48, to go with its 1/48 armor range. But those are all from WW II.

Prost!
    Brad
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  5. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I agree with Tony that at that scale there wouldn't be much difference to the eye. However, the Australians wore their own style of uniform which was a different cut to the British style worn by the imperial and other dominion troops. Essentially it was looser cut with buttoned cuffs, large loose pockets and prominent pleats down the button line and the back of the jacket. They never wore the British style jacket.

I have a photo but I can't upload it for some reason.
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    But the problem still remains, that there aren't any such figures in 1/48 scale, whether Australians requiring no modification, or Brits, which would. Or does anyone know of any suitable 1/48 figures? I don't but that only means that I've never seen them, not that they don't exist.

Prost!
    Brad
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Photos of a late war Australian uniform coat. Hope this is helpful.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

Chrisr and Uruk-Hai like this.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Janne,
    I cannot find anything in 1:48 scale, could you do it in 1:35 scale instead? There are a few interesting sets in 1:35.
    cheers
    Richie
    theBaron and Uruk-Hai like this.
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  10. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks a million for all chipping in.

Pretty much what I thought regarding the uniforms and availability in 1/48.
    I have decided to go 1/72 instead as an airplane is to be included in the scene. Emhar figures is my choice.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    theBaron likes this.
  11. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    We may see more offerings in 1/48 in the future. Tamiya's line of 1/48 armor kits seems to have generated some interest. If other manufacturers think they can sell, they may jump in.

Prost!
    Brad
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  12. winfield Active Member

I would love to see more historical stuff in 1/48 or 30mm. Onira does an great job and seems to be popular. A market might be there besides we few.
    Uruk-Hai likes this.