1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Iroquois Bust from Golem Arts

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I have start to paint a "huron"-bust from Golem art. The bust looks like "Magua" (hope he had the same name in the english version) from "The Last Mohican"

But I want to paint him with a war painting found in a book from Robert Griffing and so he is now a iroquois from the bear clan (Griffing describes it so)

He is not ready but many things are done

IMGP0065.JPG IMGP0066.JPG
    Captain Lol, Steve, offo and 7 others like this.
  2. mwthompson Active Member

United-States
    Where did you get the bust? I thought it was by Black Dog. I have tried to locate the bust in the US to purchase but so far have been unsuccessful.

Mike Thompson
  3. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
  4. mwthompson Active Member

United-States
    None of the distributors listed for the US actually carry the bust. I have E-mailed Black dog directly several times but have not received a reply.
  5. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Magua (the actor, Wes Studi) has a great presence on screen, and your decision to depict him as an Iroquois also gives your version of the bust a strong personality!!

Looking good so far!!

Cheers
  6. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks. I will try to finish him
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    That is a nice version and great looking scheme.
    Cheers
    John
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Nearly ready and a first try with a base. The base is not ready, must be oiled two or three times, and the bust must a little bit deeper and looking not up in the air. But what do you think about that base for the bust?

IMGP0081.JPG IMGP0082.JPG IMGP0083.JPG
    offo likes this.
  9. offo A Fixture

Hello friend, I found this Idian painted. Very nice work from you. I hope you do well painted.
    Paul Ovečka - offo / author of this sculpt
  10. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Paul. You have done a very good job with the figure. I like it very much and had finished it.
  11. custer760 Well-Known Member

Try Chuck Robinson of Red Lancers for the Golem figures.Chuck was in Kulmbach and took Golem figures and busts with him.
    Regards
    Pete