Info Needed - Pegaso 75 Mm Hallberdier Of The Spanish Guard

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Johan Kees, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium
    Hi all

I have this fantastic Pegaso figure in my grey army but I am kind of desperate concerning some background information regarding colours. My search on the net was in vain.

So now my only hope is that some of you have extra information about these troops and the colours of their clothing because, if possible, I would like to do something different than the red/yellow colour scheme of the box art.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

J;)han

Spanish halberdier 001 - Pegaso box art.jpg
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  3. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    John: as posted by Roger, there's not much else to find. The basic colours were as per the box art. There are some next-to-kin but all of them would need reworking the headgear and jerkin, at least.

First is an Hallberdier of the "Guardia Alemana" (German Guard) from the Reign of Carlos I), in yellow and white.

Next is an Hallberdier of the "Guardia Tedesca" (another form of saying German Guard), from the epoch of Felipe II (2nd. half of 16th Century) which white for yellow.

Also, there is the "Archero de Borgoña" (from Burgundy), which implies also to rework the weapon (the "archa" is a sort of glaive with the form of a cleaver) .

If you are interested I'll try to scan them.

Regards
    Javier
  4. Helm A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    By the look of it,wouldn't be too hard to do it as a Yeoman of the Guard Steve[IMG]
  5. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    Unfortunately there are only two options if you want to paint a Spanish guardsman with halberd from this times.

First option: Spanish guards, their colors were yellow-red (Spain's national colors)...:

[IMG]

Second option: German guards because the Spanish King Carlos I. at the same time was as Karl V. Emperor of the "Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation".

The colours of the "German Guards" were white-yellow.

[IMG]

Here a phantastic painted example...:

http://www.alabarda.net/socios/hgarrido/hgarrido69_1.htm

Of course you can choose - with some modifications - a phantasy-paint as a "Landsknecht" or "Conquistador", but that would in my opinion be pity for this well researched figure.

Cheers
  6. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium
    Roger, Javier, Steve, Martin

Many thanks for the info that you all so kindly supplied. It is obvious now that, out of the box, there are not much possibilities regarding the colour scheme of the figure's uniform. Also, my sculpting skills are not advanced enough to start a major conversion with the risk of messing up this beautiful figure. So I guess the safest choice is sticking with the original colours of the box art. But I can live with that :).

Anyway, your input is much appreciated!

Best regards.

J;)han
  7. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    Happy painting and good luck!

Cheers
  8. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Good luck!
  9. Helm A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If the ruff is separate you'd have a nice basis for a Landsknecht figure there as well

Steve