1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Incredible...!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Martin Antonenko, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Huw63 and Ferris like this.
  2. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    For non-German speakers: According to the collector the tank without it`s tracks and the Flak are "demilitarised" - so the weapons cannot be armed and put into action. He stated that he successfully applied for permission to possess these pieces in 2005 at the local authorities. But maybe he stored these pieces next to a rebel flag....:rolleyes:
    Cheers, Martin
    Huw63, tomifune and sd0324 like this.
  3. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Both the 88 and the Panther look almost factory-fresh, I wonder where he found them? How did he get them into his cellar? And most hilarious of all, the news anchor drily remarking "he might have infringed on the law regarding possession of military weapons of war"! How's that for an understatement!:LOL::LOL::LOL:
  4. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Maybe to explain the understatement: A military weapon of war is a weapon that is not demilitarized and can be put into action which is a serious infringement of law in Germany. You will be detained which was obviously not the case with the owner of the Panther. It looks as if the 78-year-old owner was aware of the legal problems and applied for permission to possess these pieces. He stated that he bought the remains of the Panther in Britain several years ago and obviously the tank was restored.The government got involved after he gave an interview to the press stating that he owns an incomplete tank....:cool:
    We will see what will be the outcome of this.
    In Germany we are very dangerous people if you take a closer look into our cellars. I own an incomplete tank battalion (in my stash and cabinet) and am ready to use them together with the grey armies.;)
    Blind Pew, Mirofsoft, peedee and 2 others like this.
  5. Huw63 A Fixture

This is a great story. I also read that in a bad winter in 1978 he used the tank to get around. I also read that a modern recovery vehicle was having trouble moving the Panther.

Cheers

Huw
    Blind Pew, peedee and Martin64 like this.
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
  7. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Personally I feel the Herr Staatsanwalt might review his list of priorities, I doubt this 79-year-old gentleman poses the biggest threat to German democracy or to the German people! He should be given a medal for carefully preserving some pieces of military history instead of a fine or a prison sentence. Unless of course there is concrete evidence he intended to use his collection for an armed attack, which I do sincerely doubt!;)
    Alles gute,
    Pierre
    Martin64, Blind Pew, peedee and 5 others like this.