1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ideas for a fantasy range?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by ellie, Nov 14, 2017.

1. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I think you'd be wise to take a good look at the marketplace before launching a new fantasy range. Things are very different now from the 80's and 90's before the internet.

In those days, as a fantasy fan, I would always be hunting for the very few fantasy figures available in the UK above gaming scale (28 mm) and (usually) up to 120 mm. There were very few of them available; mostly produced by military modelling companies as a side-line. Nowadays there is much more choice in that range and some really brilliant stuff done by European companies, so the competition would be much stiffer.

Not to say you shouldn't do it, just something to be aware of.

(For historical interest, I put together a page on my site of figures based on the work of illustrators, ranging from 80 mm up to 1/6 garage kits, which of course is where the real hard-core fantasy modellers end up:;)

http://dclough.org/hom/?p=35 )
    Mirofsoft, Forté and Helm like this.
  2. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
  3. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers for the link some interesting stuff, as we have said it's something we are looking at for the future . thanks for all the info everybody.

Ellie

www.elliesminiatures.com
    Forté likes this.
  4. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    As it might be in 3D might I suggest a range of scales instead of the one.
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Helm likes this.
  7. Tommaso Battimiello New Member

8. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    cheers Tommaso

ian