1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

i need your guys help real quick!

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by voncansaythis, Apr 28, 2014.

1. voncansaythis New Member

hey all,
    im planning on buying retarder, flow improver and distilled water. my paints that i ordered are reapers series and vallejo model color. i was wondering, can you mix retarder, improver and distilled water all together in ratios? (i dont know, the ratio if all 3 of them put together.) these items are for blending.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    is there a specific brands that you guys use for improver and retarder?
    1. flow improvers - Liquitex flow aid, Vallejo thinner or W&N flow improver.

2. retarders - Liquitex slo-dri retarder or Vallejo drying retarder.
  2. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    I don't think there is any hard and fast rule, It's more trial and error. someone may have a percentage they use that works for them. don't know if this was of any help.

regards zane
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi ,

Like zane666 SAYS ....no real hard fast rules ..I have mixed those retarders you mentioned together with no ill effects .

As for a mix with distilled water ..I keep them separate on a small pallette ..just using a tiny bit of them on my my brush

As a retarder I use and would advise using W & N blending medium ( available from all good art shops)

Hope this helps

Nap
  4. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    i use liquitex flow improver but please, read label carefully. it says that you should not got for more than 1 part to 30 parts of water if my memory is correct.. so just do your mix once and keep in an empty small bottle for future use.
    napoleonpeart likes this.