1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hussar Regt. Nr 3

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Oct 13, 2006.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here's a couple of pics of my next project. Primed and ready to paint on my next leave, after spending a month at sea :(

A Leutnant of Husaren-Regiment von Zieten (Brandenburgisches) Nr.3. c1900 Chota Sahib 54mm now made by Sarum Soldiers
    Blue pelisse with silver lace and grey fur trim,
    Black breeches
    and red cap with blue band. an exellent photo of the cap can be found at Kaisers Bunker

Roger.

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Rear view and I've just spotted a couple of things I missed cleaning up ;)

Attached Files:

3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roger,
    good luck at sea. Keep us posted when you make a little progress on this one. The details look a little soft, particularly around the left hand and the tops of the boots. You've got your work cut out for you on this one!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Jay. This one will certainly be a challenge and I won't be able to cover mistakes up with Flanders mud :lol:

Roger.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Roger ,
    This is going to be good , looking forward to how you are going to do the lacework ....look after yourself at sea ...see you soon back on the planet ...regards Kev
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Kev, your alot more confident than me :lol:

Roger.
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Excellent! As a big Sid Horton fan, it's good to see one of these being painted up!

Keith
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Roger -

Try to stay dry out there! I'm with Jay - those look really soft around the boot tops particularly! Since the model is resin, I'd be tempted to scribe or cut deeper separation lines around the boot tops, maybe even use my small rat tail file to make some new folds in the jodhpurs. AFter looking at that Kaiserbunker web site a bit more, I see what you mean. Really didn't know how colorful the pre-war Imperial German uniforms were.

All the best,
    Dan
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'll do my best Keith :)
    Dan, the figure is white metal and I'm a bit wary of setting about it with anything sharp, paint brushes are sharp enough for me, I'd only cut myself :lol I already have once cleaning up this figure.
    We'll just have to see how my paintwork is :lol:
    If you have a look on The Red Lancer website Dan there are some photo's of the Hecker & Goros German Empire figures there are some really nice ones I intend to paint all of 'em :lol:

Roger
  10. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Roger
    I augur to you a good job paint :)
    it's a nice piece.

MAB ;)
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hi Maurizio,
    I hope I can do it justice it's a lovely little figure. It's something a little different for me and I can't wait to get home on leave to get my brushes back out.

Roger.
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I got back from sea saturday night for my month off so without delay...........

Attached Files:

13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    My brushes came out after a months rest :lol:

Attached Files:

14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    The top edge of the cap is slightly damaged but doesn't look too bad I hope. The cockades were a nightmare to paint but don't look too bad at normal viewing distance.

Attached Files:

15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Roger, this is a very nice figure, I will be following your step by step.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  16. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Looks good to me.

If you can, take some closer pics next time! :)

Keith
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Keith.
    I'll take some more pics tomorrow showing tonights work.
    If they don't show up too many flaws I'll include some close ups :lol:
    Thanks Roc, now I know you are watching my progress I'd better try harder :lol:
    Roger.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Progress is very slow, I'm struggling painting the frogging and blue pelisse and there's still quite a bit of tidying up to do on the cap but this is how its going so far.

Roger.

Attached Files:

19. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very nice Roger,
    keep up
    christos
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    A little bit further on,

Attached Files: