1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hussar part 1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by misfit151, Jul 17, 2016.

1. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi folks..just letting the oils dry on this one...its one of the recent hussar releases from Gordon Mitchell...he is producing several different variations sculpted by moz. You can have full or half figures as well as different heads/headgear and different arm combinations..
    This one I decided to complete as the 2nd regiment of Napoleonic Hussars...I have nearly completed a Hussar from the 3rd regiment..which I shall post shortly... As usual finished in oils...

Attached Files:

Tom W., Tommi, Dan Morton and 15 others like this.
  2. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Looking really good(y)...............
    Wayne
    peedee likes this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is really good. I have a full figure of this Hussar and started it as 1 Hussar.
    Like this color combiniation alot. What did you mixed for the skyblue en the brown.

Marc
    peedee likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Now that is great , the facing colour value is very striking

Really like the uniform colours as well ..do share any mixes

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    peedee likes this.
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is very cool, it's going to be a great piece.

I got one of this range yesterday and I
    I am waiting until you have all painted the first batch before I decide which regiment mine is gonna be !

Well done so far.

Paul.
  6. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I like this very much and the colour's are superb. I am working up to doing a Hussar in this scale.
    Thank's for sharing.
    peedee likes this.
  7. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Extremely well done.
    peedee likes this.
  8. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    I agree with Bob. A very nice piece of work, excellent painting and colours.

Chris
    peedee likes this.
  9. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    I've got my copy.....planning on either the grey/red of the 3rd or blue/white of the 5th
  10. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Beautiful work!

That is some smick paintwork there.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  11. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great job Mike. The brown looks particularly good and the blue is very vibrant. Seeing this has inspired me to crack on with a 4th hussar in parade trousers I've started.
    Looking forward to your 3rd hussar.
    cheers
    Gordon
  12. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    well done, I like this range too. One full figure done in 7th colors. 2 others in planning.
    Ben
  13. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    The brown/blue colour combination looks really good(y)
  14. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Cracking work,
    wondering what to do mine as, was going to do it like yours but might have to do
    it something different now.

Chris
  15. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Love the colors - excellent work (y)
    Phil
  16. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  17. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very neatly painted.
    Your colour levels are just right to make this a very eye-catching piece.
    You've set the bar high for the rest of us.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  18. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi guys... many thanks for taking the time to view and comment...thanks to Wayne..Marc..Nap..Paul.. Bob..Ometz..Chris..Paul K....Jeff T...Gordon..Ben -nl..Rossbach
    Chris Rib...Phil...Edorta and Andrew.. all your comments are really appreciated...
    For those who asked for colour mixes....( I always purge my oils of excess oil before using them ) acylics are used as undercoat... The blue facing is just permanent blue , with blue black for shading and white added to the blue for highlight.
    For the brown uniform I mixed up three or four mixes until I found the one which was most pleasing to my eye...This brown was Burnt Sienna with a little stil de grain brown(rembrant) added..... shaded with Van Dyke Brown...and highlights of golden orchre (rembrant) all wet on wet.....then after drying wet on dry...

Colour mixes are an individual thing and what ever looks good to you is the right one... Almost finished the 3rd regiment of hussars... hope to post soon if the heatwave does'nt melt the resin....:nailbiting: once again many thanks guys...all the best Mike
    Grod likes this.
  19. Huw63 A Fixture

Excellent work. Love it.

Cheers

Huw
  20. misfit151 A Fixture

Many thanks Hew for your kind words..regards Mike