1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Husaria

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Apr 24, 2016.

1. mick3272 A Fixture

The more I look at your work Roger the more I am tempted to have a go at a flat.
    Have to pick a couple at Euro
    Mick
    Joe55 likes this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Go for it Mick. There's loads of subjects and sizes to choose from. Is there anything your particularly interested in painting? I could probably give you some recommendations.
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Although I have a couple of Napoleonics to do in my GA. I stick to British Victorian now.
    Mick
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Paul: "Dan I think you will find those are travelling soup kettles. can you see them about to taste?
    They have a spoon in each hand because there's a right old bit of a queue behind them." :joyful:

And the soup Nazi is saying, "No soup for you guys to the right of Jonesy!" :p

All the best,
    Dan
    peedee likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England

How about the Victorian Indian Army Mick? ;)
    peedee likes this.
  6. mick3272 A Fixture

Absolutely Would love to see a lot more Indian Army, Such a great range of uniforms and colours.
    Mick
    peedee likes this.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  8. franceso sbarile A Fixture

I enjoy a lot to see your progress Roger, very nice work on a small scale flats. I am so courious to see the plan ended ...
    I saw also you appreciate the figures of Gianpaolo Bistulfi, he is a real enthusiast and a very kind person.
    cheers
    Francesco
    billyturnip likes this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    better not stop my friend, i will very dissapointed if you do.
    Cheers
    billyturnip likes this.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Francesco.
    Yes I am a fan of Gianpaolo's work. On the occasions when I have asked him for advice he has been very helpful. His website is one of the best there is about flat figures.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Don't worry .... more ordered today. :smug:
    MarquisMini likes this.
  12. Huw63 A Fixture

Finally going to do a full squadron of Cuirassiers charging eh? ;)

You must get credit for somethign else too - you can understand what my predictive typing means when I use my iPad to post here! (y)

Cheers

Huw
  13. mick3272 A Fixture

billyturnip likes this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Huw, one of these days I going to surprise you and paint those charging cuirassiers. :D In the meantime you'll have to be satisfied with Polish hussars.
    I've got used to deciphering predictive text, you should see some of the stuff I've received from my wife. She assumes I understand what she's on about at the best of times but coupled with predictive text..... :confused:
    peedee and Huw63 like this.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Mick, Karl-Werner Rieger doesn't attend Euro however I can personally recommend buying from him online.
    If you aren't too confident with painting something so small you can get good results by ignoring the detail and concentrating on the light and shadow.
    mick3272 likes this.
  16. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Roger,
    I'l send of for a few, Its just the old eye's aint as good as they used to be, in my youth started off with the old willie figures they were 30 mm so see what comes back.

May be give you a run for your money in FOTM in a few months time. :D
    Thanks
    Mick
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here are the Indians I have done. Look upon them as painting a small part on a 120mm figure and you'll be fine. (y)

PICT0012.JPG
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

:ROFLMAO: nice!
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England

It won't be if I don't get to the post first! :nailbiting::dead:
    Huw63 likes this.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Still hard at work on these.

IMG_3441.JPG IMG_3442.JPG IMG_3443.JPG IMG_3444.JPG IMG_3445.JPG