1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Huertgenwald 1.1

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by ErGide72, May 1, 2015.

1. ErGide72 A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello guys,

Like to present to you my little Huertgenwald vignette 1.1 update ;) with the first one (1.0) I had a little accident, so I had to rebuilt it a bit ( look here before the accident http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/hello.65352/) . Fortunatly most of it could be reused, and I put a compannion to the otherwise lonesome GI... :D
    The Green Hell was the peacefull looking forrest nickname, as it was a mean place to fight: hence the uxo`s the engineers already found...
    Actually the small pine tree was made from moss out of that region!
    Hope you like it!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The tiny mushrooms were made from small needle pins!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Still the danger is there (find the hidden AP mine..... :sneaky:)
    [IMG]

And a nice pic for the album...!
    [IMG]

Regards Erik
  2. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    EXCELLANT JOB !!!!!!!!! :woot:
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
  4. No Remorse Active Member

I really love the atmosphere of this piece, it looks so authentic. Truly something to be proud of, well done!
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What a great piece of work! The only thing I'm not sure about is the line of white tape (or whatever it is). I'm guessing that it's supposed to be some kind of cordon to demarcate the minefield behind but I'm not sure it really works here kind of suspended in mid air, and I find it a bit distracting. But that's a minor quibble and just my own personal (and probably minority) opinion. The rest of it is top notch.

- Steve
  6. swralph A Fixture

Nice little vignette.
  7. James O'Leary Member

United-States
    Nice figures and vignette. I think the white engineer tape indicating the boundaries of the mine field is a nice touch since the figures depict engineers and the have some of their equipment with them. I don't feel it is distracting to the scene as I know what it is for and have seen minefields, wire breach points, and assault lanes marked by them and feel it adds some authenticity to the story behind the vignette.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    James
    martin tabony and Babelfish like this.
  8. Ferris A Fixture

Great vignette! Very atmospheric and great details.

Adrian
  9. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    The more that I revisit this post and look at the pictures, I understand more all of the tremendous amount of work invested into this project. Every piece/part that has been added has a ton of detail.

I get caught up focusing on the faces and uniforms of figures that I tend to ignore everything else. Every picture you took shows all the little extras. I hope you take this to a figure contest because this will be a medal winner.

To anyone reading this post go back and look at all of the photos and start picking out all the little extras you may not have thought to place on the figure or the base. It is very inspiring to do the same on your one figures.

Thank you again for sharing your work.
    yeo_64 likes this.
  10. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautiful work Erik, especially all those minute details!

Cheers, Ski.
  11. ErGide72 A Fixture

Netherlands
    THANKS guys, for your nice comments! :happy::happy::happy:

I will be taking this to SMC Eindhoven (the only show I attend...:unsure:), will see what happens...:nailbiting::unsure:

I think the engineer tape 'thing' has bin cleared; thanks James ;) (no offence Steve, you still flattered me with your words :happy::happy:)

Oh, I forgot to mention that the GI's helmet net cover is a left over panty hose from my wife (not mine.......o_O;):)) It's the best product do replicate helm-netting!
    And the decals (28th InfDiv and U.S. on the equipment) are also self made (of course...) I know, you can buy it all, but I like to make everything by myself....:cool:

Cheers Erik
    Huw63 and Juan Pablo like this.
  12. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    The Combat Engineers are beautifully done as is the gear and ordinance.

You did a superb job in depicting a cool, damp forest scene where hidden dangers abound.

Top notch work Erik (y)!

Joe
  13. ErGide72 A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Joe, for your nice comment! :happy::happy:

Erik
  14. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Hmmmm, helmet netting, wife's panty hose, ........................hmmm. Now I call that a useful tool, just gotta get it past the wife without takin a beating, HA! Thx Erik, this is gonna be tricky, lol. Great tip Bro.

Cheers, Ski.
  15. Huw63 A Fixture

I'm late reading this one but it's a really beautiful clever vignette. Well done.

Cheers

Huw
  16. ErGide72 A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Huw, for your nice comment! :happy::happy: Better late.... !:D

Ski, take the one`s your wife would throw away because there worn and old. 'Else you have to explain so much why you would like to have a new panty hose...!:LOL: :LOL::LOL: :D:D:D

Cheers Erik
  17. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Ain't that the truth, Erik!:woot:

Cheers, Ski.
  18. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    What a beautiful little vignette. The woodland forest scenery is handled expertly. I'm taking notes. ;)
  19. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nicely done there. Great little vignette.

Xenofon
  20. ErGide72 A Fixture

Netherlands
    Okay Ski, now I'm getting scared.... :facepalm::D:D

Mike; Thank you for your nice comment. The forrest scenery is made from what mother nature gave to me... or what I found! ;) After preparing and gleuing it together, it got a wash from different oil paints (forrest colors!) Oil paint has always a shine in it; in this case welcome, as it makes the forrest look damp and wet!

Kisifer; Thank you for your comment!

Regards Erik