1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hougamont Waterloo 1815 - Carl Reid

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Grod, May 17, 2017.

1. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Folks

I have commissioned Carl Reid to sculpt a 120mm scale diorama depicting the defence of Hougamont by the Guards during the battle of Waterloo. I have attached some pics of the figures which Carl has sculpted to date. My intention is to ask Carl to add figures to this set dependant on demand. I will be selling the kits in sets and also individually. The photos show the first 2 x sets. Set 1 consists of an officer & private soldier of the Coldstream Guards along with one door of the the gate and Set 2 consists of a further 3 x Guardsmen.

The photos show suggested positions for the figures but these can be altered to suit the modeller.
    I do not have a website and will be offering these sets initially to PF readers. If anyone wishes to register an interest in obtaining these kits then please email me on gordonmi@hotmail.com and I will update you as soon as they are available.
    **** Please include your email address if you PM me****

Prices
    Set 1 £65.00 + postage
    Set 2 £90.00 + postage
    Individual figures £35.00 + postage

Set 1 will be available very soon.

Cheers
    Gordon

Attached Files:

kevininpdx, Tom W., myouchin and 22 others like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    WOW - brilliant!

Will their French counterparts even come...? Would be nice, I think...:

[IMG]

Cheers
    Grod, Mirofsoft, anstontyke and 2 others like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Wow, WOW just superb, I gonna have to save for this one, love it...........

jaw.jpg
    Nicolaos, Grod, anstontyke and 2 others like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Gordon

Even though there's more legs than I have ever seen...lol........it's a great subject packed full of action and will certainly be impressive painted up .

Thanks for sharing

Nap

PS Reckon you should have your own website!
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    This looks like a very promising scene. Which I suppose could have additions should the sales go well?

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    Grod, anstontyke and clrsgt like this.
  6. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really great sets, they should be very popular and if you keep adding others someone will be painting them forever but just imagine a 10 to 15 figure battle scene in 120mm!!!!!
    TERRY
    Grod, anstontyke and clrsgt like this.
  7. mick3272 A Fixture

Nice idea Gordon but where is Sgt Graham. The Bravest Man at Waterloo.

Fighting with the Coldstream Guards, Serjeant Graham was in the thick of the battle at Hougoumont, one of the anchor points for Wellington’s line. This small chateaux, defended by a tiny number of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English and other troops was assailed by almost 18,000 French troops during the battle. At around midday, the defences were being breached, as a French officer managed to hack the gates open with an axe. Hand to hand fighting broke out, and Wellington began to commit more troops to hold Hougoumont.
    The breach was short-lived, however. Serjeant Graham and the officer in charge fought to close the gates, shutting out the French infantry attacking the position. Graham’s courageous exploits didn’t end there; later in the day he ran into the burning buildings of Hougoumont, rescuing a number of wounded men, including his own brother.
    For his heroism in the face of the enemy and risking his life for his comrades, Graham won the distinction of ‘the most valorous NCO at the Battle of Waterloo selected by the Duke of Wellington’. His bravery has been widely reported.

Mick

Grod, Viking Bob and anstontyke like this.
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive set Gordon, nice to see something on this scale with so many figures.

Steve
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    email sent

Tommi
    Grod and Viking Bob like this.
  10. winfield Active Member

Excellent!
  11. KuK_Grenadier PlanetFigure Supporter

Austria
    Hi Gordon,
    what a phantastic release. I never expected somebody will produce such a complex scene in 120mm. Thanks for that and thanks to Carl for his wonderful scuplting.....
    As Terry said there is a lot of painting required.....
    Nevertheless, PM sent.

Christian
  12. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Yohoho, what a corker, and what a subject ! Terrific stuff.....sure to be a flyaway success,and deserves to be. I actually have no room for such a large diorama, unless her Ladyship would like to vacate her sewing/dressing room ? No, I thought not...ho,hum.

Alan
  13. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    It's just fantastic,but i need a new room for this
  14. misfit151 A Fixture

Superb Gordon..well done to all...both sets please when available..(y)...Mike
  15. IronMike A Fixture

Nice work Carl.
  16. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  17. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  18. chailey Active Member

England
    Just when I think that I'll turn my full attention to 200mm figures something like this turns up and upsets the applecart...
    Brilliant work from the Mitchell/Reid stables!
  19. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I don't paint Napoleonics and have very little interest in the period, but I am very tempted by these
  20. Cannonball A Fixture

This looks absolutely fantastic and as my father was a Coldstreamer ( just missed Waterloo) this is gonna have to be a must for me. It's now just a case of deciding which organ I need to donate to finance this!!
    Grod, chailey and Viking Bob like this.