1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hooded hussar bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Piotr Czyz, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hello,

I began to create another hussar bust, which is meant to wear hood and on his back has Kalkan, amour, simple bust without any wings - I should be able to complete it quickly, at least before 2020 ... ;) .

Concept below.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Any comments, photos, comments, criticism are welcome ... I hope that I can avoid past errors - as I read on one of a Russian forums: 'my previous hussar bust has a breastplate like a life jacket'... and I couldn't agree more with that ;) :D.

BR, Piotr
    Michaelminiatures and Steve like this.
  2. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Small update - kalkan shield ready.

The Persian pattern copied from a Persian rug...
    Please note that its actual size comparing to the buts' size is smaller - the photos' perspective amended the size a little bit...

[IMG]
    Recon and Michaelminiatures like this.
  3. swralph A Fixture

4. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Sorry for the photo quality!

[IMG]

A little bit of progress, all parts are not glue yet just put on the bust for the moment of taking the photo. I think that the bust is now 33% completed.
    Note that the armour is still in the development phase - so some inaccuracies will be removed later.

BR, Piotr
    napoleonpeart and Recon like this.
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Interesting sculpt. I like the way it's going (y)
    Steve
  6. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Hello, a little more progress than last time. Thanks to my collegues' advices I have reshaped the armour (comparing to the last photos). So I estimate that the bust is 50% ready, still there is a cloak to be added and all gears. Hope you like it. The head is almost ready - I have to add more wrinkles.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    napoleonpeart and Helm like this.
  7. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Some progress

Winter is coming! ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    captnenglish, napoleonpeart and Helm like this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice
    Steve
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Piotr,

This is looking good like the way the armour now looks certainly no life jacket !

Are you working off any particular references?

What scale are you going for ?

Following with interest

Happy 2015

Nap
  10. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    Thank you guys for the feedback and interest :)

Scale is something between 1/9 and 1/10 and 200mm :) Who knows...

References - hm... cause there is no many known photographs from the period ;) I gone trough the literature, known armors and also direct reference is from some reenactors site (I will try to posts those pictures later).

BR, Piotr
    Happy 2015!
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Piotr,

Happy new year , this reminds me of Siskin Miniatures busts a long time ago ( think you might be the sculptor there maybe? ) .....

I like the hood down version as well as up , is this going to be an option if it's commercial ..do hope so .

What!?....no photographs ...shock!!...only joking , I am sure your references are great , look forward to seeing any pictures you might have

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  12. Piotr Czyz Active Member

Poland
    A little bit of progress here...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

BR. Piotr
    captnenglish, arj and napoleonpeart like this.