1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Hobbyzone Painting Tools Stand

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Eludia, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey again folks o/

This dropped through my letterbox today so I thought I'd share it with you :)

Like the title says, it is a Painting Tools Stand (model HZ-SM1) from a Polish company called Hobbyzone .

I have to admit that I'm a bit of a Hobbyzone fanboy, I love their modular storage system and have several of their bits in my shed (some modified by me to suit my particular needs). I think their stuff is really well designed and its clear that it has been designed by modellers for modellers.

My shed, Norfolk, Today:
    DSC_2383.JPG DSC_2384.JPG

Its all made from MDF and comes flat-packed so some building and gluing is required (get an adult or a "proper modeller" to do this if you are nervous ;)).

So anyhoo, onto the subject of the review, the Painting Tools Stand. It took just over a week from order to delivery, which I think is quite reasonable from Poland, in fact I ordered some stuff from Amazon UK on the same night and that still hasn't arrived yet so pretty good going in my eyes. It came well packed in a sturdy cardboard box with the contents wrapped up well with bubble wrap.

DSC_2385.JPG

Inside the box you get the components of the stand, a little Hobbyzone flyer showing some more of their cool stuff, a free pencil (a bit random), and also some cool stickers (and who doesn't love stickers). The brush rest in the top right of the picture doesn't come in the box by the way, it just photobombed my review. Incidentally, that is from Sphere products, another company who do some cool voodoo with MDF.

DSC_2386.JPG

And here is the stand put together, without glue for now.

DSC_2387.JPG

The centre hole is designed to take a plastic water cup (or an Allinsons yeast tin, which fits perfectly ;)) and the four smaller holes at the front will take either a Vallejo style dropper bottle or a Tamiya style jar. I also noticed (after I took the pictures) that the white rings can be prised out to give an extra bit of depth if you're using Tamiya jars. The holes at the back are obviously designed for brushes but I'll be keeping my sculpting tools in there.

Here it is fully kitted out with the tools, brushes and fluids that I use for about 90% of my modelling. The yeast tin is about 1/4 full with sand to stop the brushes flopping about and keep them upright but this also adds a bit of weight to the stand so it should be very stable on my bench (I'll probably put some non-slip foam on the base just to make sure though):

DSC_2388.JPG DSC_2389.JPG

So, in summary, this is another superbly designed product from an innovative company who are a pleasure to deal with. If, like me, you have borderline OCD and like everything "just so" on your bench then I would recommend checking out the Hobbyzone website, they have loads of cool stuff:

http://www.hobbyzone.pl/en/

Thanks for tuning in :)
    anstontyke, Nemo, kenshin393 and 9 others like this.
  2. paulr3260 Active Member

I also love their products. I have three of the paint holders and they are great. I found Hobby world USA carries their line and the shipping is a little cheaper. Again, look them over and re-organize your paint area...........Paul
    peedee, anstontyke and Eludia like this.
  3. Claude Portsmouth Active Member

Thanks for posting this Billy. A friend and I were talking a few months ago about ordering a bunch of this stuff from Poland...then we lost the link and forgot the name. Thanks for the reminder,

Claude
  4. El Tché Well-Known Member

Whatever I try, my table is always a mess after approximatively 45 minutes... :arghh:
    peedee, anstontyke, Jazz and 2 others like this.
  5. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Billy,

Many thanks for this review. I hadn't heard of this company previously - which is not unusual as I live in Australia, where obtaining anything associated with figures is difficult. The products look great, and at a good price.

Cheers
    Chris
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice, you should get a few spoons in that. :playful:
  7. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have a dedicated Spoon Rack for that Roger ;)
  8. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    I always very enjoy the way that others sculptors / painters do their workbench.
    Pascal
  9. Jazz A Fixture

England

Yes, me too. How sad are we eh?
  10. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    just decked out the full workbench with hobbyzone products. i can only agree with eludia, the products are first class, the service and delivery is excellent and the pricing direct from poland is amazing.

anstontyke