1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

HISTOREX

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bricks tattoo, Apr 21, 2018.

1. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

These are some custom converted historex figures. I started this little vignette with just one figure and added another one. And so on and so on. Almost finished with this one. let me know what you guys think. thank you PicsArt_04-21-04.16.51.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.17.21.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.17.57.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.18.22.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.16.17.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.20.27.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.19.49.jpg PicsArt_04-21-05.20.33.jpg PicsArt_04-21-05.20.57.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.22.54.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.26.54.jpg PicsArt_04-21-04.22.19.jpg PicsArt_04-21-05.16.45.jpg PicsArt_04-21-05.19.50.jpg
    malc, BESPJL, Tommi and 12 others like this.
  2. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Glad to see a fellow Historex devotee!
    Oda and bricks tattoo like this.
  3. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Yes. I love them. Still trying to master the ways of the masters:)
  4. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Really impressive work. Can't wait to see the finished product.
    bricks tattoo likes this.
  5. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Some really convincing action poses there, mate. The only slight criticism I have is that the cords on the epaulettes could show movement in the same way you’ve so accurately captured it on the coat-tails.

Jeff
  6. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Thank you I agree.
  7. Huw63 A Fixture

Great to see this most wonderful medium still being used. An interesting looking vignette and I look forward to seeing some more.

Cheers

Huw
    Tonton, Oda and bricks tattoo like this.
  8. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Cheers Huw Glad to see there others still interested in these also.
    Huw63 likes this.
  9. Oda A Fixture

I use Historex extensively for my conversion or scratch built projects and I am a fanatic devotee of that most illustrious Grand Damme.Your work on these Historex figures is very good.

Oda.
    bricks tattoo and Huw63 like this.
  10. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    You just had to add the Historex label to this thread, didn't you? Well, it succeeded brilliantly. Your work is gloriously fun, reminding me (us?) what pure modeling joy can be had in doing your own thing.

I just love the Historex range for the sheer consistency of their wide offerings, allowing endless combinations and sculptural possibilities. Your faces are terrific!

Rgds Victor
    Huw63, bricks tattoo and Oda like this.
  11. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Thank you
    Oda likes this.
  12. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Thank you.
  13. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

I would love to see some of you guys Historex projects
    Huw63 likes this.
  14. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Working on the base. What do you guys think? PicsArt_04-26-03.06.32.jpg PicsArt_04-26-03.14.09.jpg
    Tonton, Oda, blaster and 1 other person like this.
  15. Huw63 A Fixture

I like the ground work a lot. Looking forward to seeing all the figures mounted on the base.

Cheers

Huw
  16. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Ok here we go. I'm thinking if adding a tree to the left side.Opinions?

PicsArt_04-26-07.55.04.jpg PicsArt_04-26-07.51.38.jpg PicsArt_04-26-07.45.38.jpg
    Oda and blaster like this.
  17. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Great work. Le Garde recule!

About your tree, were you going to add the mounted figure? Might be a bit crowded? How about a shrub? If this was Waterloo, were there any in the vicinity?

Rgds Victor
  18. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

The mounted figure is for another diorama with about 25 horses. I should be finished in a few years:):)
    blaster and Oda like this.
  19. Oda A Fixture

I think it looks superb.The tree might work but it's up to you.As for the other thing.......25 horses????????I really want to see that one(following the steps of the late Grand Master "Shep")!

Oda.
  20. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Thank you. Yes I have always marveled at his "Eve of essling" . I know I will never have the connections or money to own it. I thought I would try and build one similar. Also give me a chance to use all of these Historex parts.
    blaster and Oda like this.