1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Historex Spares Madness II

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Ettinger, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Steve Ettinger Active Member

United-States
    First, Many thanks for the feed back, and likes on my project. Special thanks to Colin for the "not Historexy "description. The goal is to only use whatever is in the spare parts box to make a unique "not Historexy" figure. I tried all my historex heads, then came across an Airfix cuirassier head and I got inspired. Horse head is also airfix. Removed the molded bridle,and constructed one from airfix plastic strap material, stretched sprue, and Historex buttons. Using Magic Sculpt for the horse modifications, including the mane and tail texturing. As for the Horse Artillery of the Line Officer , I am going for a battery officer in summer, on campaign. Added a telescope from paper clip wire, and some odd sprue bits. The telescope case is a Historex spare part cut , drilled out, and strap to be added later. His Sourtout jacket is piped in stretched sprue along with the collar Used Magic Sculpt for a scarf around the neck. Wanted officer to appear disheveled, but still kind of dashing. Jacket blue, collar blue, piped in red. No epaulettes for the jacket and false turnbacks. gauntlets and sword belt black leather The "Choural" ? As for the LaSalle style riding breeches, they evidently were all the rage for the "staying in style" Officer at the time. I have seen a print, of a lancer officer wearing these with fake tassels. looked cool to me (I'd wear em!). Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      222.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      228.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      171.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      171.4 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      196.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Old Skooooooool and loving it! Refreshing to see a great kit conversion taking shape. All the best in its development - looking forward to seeing the finished work.
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Good to know I'm not alone!!! I love the old Historex 'bits box'. I'll be following you progress very closely... I have a couple of similar type figs on the go, so don't skimp on your 'in progress' pictures.

You're of to a good start on a great idea. I echo Colin's 'not Historexy' statement.

Cheers

The Other Colin
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great progress Steve,
    As with most others here I have lots of Historex parts in boxes throughout the place, it's good to see you pull this one away from that stiff looking pose.
    Your work on the horse is well done and the furniture is superb.......all those buttons, phew!
    Hooked on to this SBS.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  5. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Now that's the way to use use up all those spare bits , you get something unique and it doesn't cost you anything !!! lovin it (y) . I have built a few myself so I will watch your progress Steve .
    chippy