1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Historex Conversion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pilgrim53, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Pilgrim53 Active Member

My first ever post on here; my passion, Historex. Guard Grenadier Drummer, from the catalogue; first couple of photos. progress is good.

IMG_0069.jpg IMG_0070.jpg
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome to PF. :)

Good to see something from the Historex stable putting in an appearance - there seems to be an surge in interest in this sort of work recently. I look forward to seeing how this one shapes up

Paul
    blaster, peedee and Rich Sculpts like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Again, welcome to PF.
    Nice to see Historex again, appears to be a surge of these here.
    Regards
    blaster and peedee like this.
  4. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome to PF. Like it so far. I assume that is a replacement head - is that from Historex too or other manufacturers?
    Cheers
    Mat
    peedee likes this.
  5. Pilgrim53 Active Member

Yes its a Nemrod/Historex head; the bearskin plate is separated and attached to the head; the bearskin then fitted.
    peedee likes this.
  6. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I too like Historex. Looking forward to seeing this one come along.
    peedee likes this.
  7. stevee317 Member

United-States
    Great choice for the head, are you going to put a moustache on the face? With that mug, a huge one would not look out of place. This is going to look great. Welcome also, from another lover of Historex
    peedee likes this.
  8. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome ro Planet figure Dude.

What plans/method do you use for filling between the
    front plaque and the fur of the Historex bonner a poil.

I am following your build with interest

Paul.
  9. Huw63 A Fixture

Welcome fellow lover of Historex. It's interesting how many people here still do Historex amidst metal and resin chappies but this year the World is going Historex mad which is simply wonderful.

Will watch this one with interest.

Cheers

Huw
    blaster, RVM.Historex.2016 and peedee like this.
  10. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Huw if it gets rough with all the resin routers having a go at us we can form square, or our own faction.....planet plastic !

Vive les maquettistes.

Paul.
  11. Pilgrim53 Active Member

Current status of main figure; bottom of trousers, crotch, more for balance than any other reason and facial hair and bearskin. Used a 50/50 mix of Duro and Magic-Sculp. Head is not fixed yet, coat tails next I think.

IMG_0025.jpg
  12. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking good. Welcome to pF. It looks like you're a pretty experienced modeller as it is but, believe me, there is so much to be learned from the people here. I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience.

Jeff
  13. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks to me like someone with a pyrogravure ! :)

Looks lovely.

Paul.
  14. Pilgrim53 Active Member

Have followed a few threads and picked up some tips; and reminders of things in the back of my mind from way back. Yes I have a pyrogravure; and was used on the bearskin, very observant.
    peedee likes this.
  15. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've just done 11fluffy bonnets the same way and am enjoying seeing what you are creating just as much...enjoy ;) :)

Paul.
  16. RVM.Historex.2016 New Member

United-States

Very good that you have opened the hips a bit too.
  17. Jim Barry Member

I built one of these figures years ago I think. I totally forgot! Keep at it.