1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hero's of the Soviet Union v-busts -Mitches Military Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by MMM, Jun 30, 2014.

1. MMM A Fixture

Hi folks

Heres a preview of our latest up and coming releases for our v-bust range, sculpted by Pavol Ovecka for MMM. These additions depict Victor D Kuskov (Navy), Ivan N Kozhedub (Air force), Unknown soldier (Army), all of which were awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union medal which was the highest honorary title during WWII.

Kits cost £25 each or £60 for the set of 3, price includes international shipping, all kits include a representation of the Hero of the Soviet Union medal.

For pre-orders contact rossmitchel84@gmail.com or call 07921568313

Hope you like them

Ross

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Trex, Blue Thunder, storm_zh and 15 others like this.
  2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hmmm! ... I maybe alone on this point! .. I cannot deny that the facia is very well sculpted! and a pleasure to look at! However, IMHO, there is no meat to the torso! .. It feels more like Head and breast, Rather than bust! ... I am beginning to notice this more and more, over the last couple of years! :( . But for those that prefer this type of aspect ... it is a real winner!(y)

Regards,

Mark
    MMM likes this.
  3. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    they look very nice indeed will look great as a group . keep them coming

cheers

Ian
    offo and MMM like this.
  4. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I love this guys work (y)
    offo and MMM like this.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    WOW - great!

Cheers
    offo and MMM like this.
  6. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Very nice and great sculpt :)
    offo and MMM like this.
  7. DA BUTI........
    offo and MMM like this.
  8. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Well, I think the face is the main part of each bust from this range and that's why there's no need to add more volume to the torso. BTW the head is connectected with the body as it should be - with neck :) and another important part of the bust - Hero of the Soviet Union medal is clearly visible on each bust... Everything's fine for me.
    roadking, offo and MMM like this.
  9. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    lopee,
    Yes, you are right in your context!.. However, for my own personal taste I do like a visual story to any bust! I suppose you could call it a, 'degree of dynamic'! .. In no way am I degrading this lovely work, as it is very good!... But I do like meat on my ribs! :LOL:

Regards,

Mark
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ross,

These are another great group ........my favourite is the Naval Fellow...so.......

Can I preorder that one please .

Many thanks

Wonder what the next group will be from?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    MMM and offo like this.
  11. offo A Fixture

Hi, I understand what you mean. If you make the bust with your arms You have more resources to express the story. Here it is but rather gets to half of the figure. Vintage bust without hands.
    And in this case, the focus is on identity. Facial expression and likeness of a particular person. For this case it is best to implement the bust in this form. In addition to shape is another symbolism. "V" as a victory. This is for heroes this advice useful.
    Palo
    Rich Sculpts, Gellso, MMM and 3 others like this.
  12. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great consistant work from Offo, fantastic facial details. Hope they do well for you, they should do!

Rob (y)
    MMM and offo like this.
  13. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Palo! ... I have just been informed of the context of the V-Bust. and your post has confirmed it! (y).... All I can say is that every day throws me new information, and learning! So with all due respect I will bow-out of this thread, but not without giving my high regards to Pavol & Ross !:)

Mark
    MMM and offo like this.
  14. MMM A Fixture

Thanks for the comment Kev, Naval candidate is my favourite as well, i'll put one to one side for you.

Next set is the Medal of Honor holders which will be released at Euro this Sept. More than likely we will offer the set prior to Euro for anyone wishing to preorder.

Ross
    napoleonpeart and offo like this.
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb set.(y)
    I'm sure Tom will be very pleased.;)
    MMM likes this.
  16. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic

Hi Mark, I know what you mean and I agree with you. I remember - it was many years ago - when I saw a bust with hands for the very first time, I didn't like it - it was strange for me. But lately I found out I should look at the bust (well, any miniature) as something what shows something more. That's why I like the V-bust range - for me it shows something more than 'just' the soldier. BTW: 'Clearly visible Hero of the Soviet Union medal'... I didn't mean the veeery big medal that can be on the pedestal but I meant the star on the uniform. :) And busts with hands and back, muscles... I like them a lot, too. ;) Only with V-bust range there's no need to have anything like that. Only face and medal, 'hero medal'.

Cheers,

Martin
    Tubby-Nuts2 and MMM like this.
  17. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    However Ross! and co have done well! now that I am enlightened! :D .. but that's enough from me.:D

Regards to all,

Mark.
  18. Demchenko A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thanks for Russian Heroes!
    MMM and offo like this.
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    These are very nice. Compliments to the sculptor.
    offo and MMM like this.
  20. roadking Active Member

United-States

I agree with this observation. Busts come in all shapes and sizes (no pun intended) and it depends on depiction of animation, action or simply portraiture. In the case of these the portraits the thing and I feel the faces convey a lot of personality as well so they work for me. It is a wonderful series and I will look forward to getting my hands on them.

Jim
    offo, lopee and MMM like this.