1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Hero CCCP scale 1/9 part 3: No name Hero

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by offo, Jun 4, 2014.

1. offo A Fixture

Hello Friends, Your know you are my heroes CCCP selection from among aviation I. Kžedub. And also from the ranks of the Navy he was Kuskov. And before the end of the trio of Soviet heroes I had a lot of candidates from the army. I finally found a picture of unknown heroes ..... And I understood that it's a beautiful symbolism. Make an unfamiliar hero to honor all the brave men and women who gave their lives in World War II.
    Titl Hero CCCP gave the title hero to 12,000 beneficiaries. Today, unfortunately their names are forgotten and the vast majority are either never mentioned.
    Why I chose this unknown hero.
    I believe that you will like.
    As the original photograph I was partially unknown which I have already mentioned.
    Palo

Attached Files:

DEMOH, Demchenko, Osvald and 20 others like this.
  2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pavol,
    Stunning work and again what a speedy sculpt.
    Great idea to suggest an unknown soldier.....very poignant.

Grant
    offo likes this.
  3. YDGIN A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Привет Павел!
    Отличная работа и такая скорость лепки, я восхищен!
    С уважением, Евгений.
    Osvald and offo like this.
  4. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Great figure!
    DO NOT FORGET THE FRENCH, PLEASSSSSSSSE !
    lopee, napoleonpeart and offo like this.
  5. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Offo, a beautiful simbolism, which make these three even more irresistible. Cannot wait to get mine from Gordon.
    offo likes this.
  6. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    offo likes this.
  7. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Thanks guys !
    But perhaps after the French, some others WWII heroes could be made.
    Why not Polish or Czech
    Witold Pilecki
    [IMG]
    Unless you are from Poland or a World War II history buff, you may have never heard of Witold Pilecki. Oftentimes we revel in the escapades of military heroes for a while, only to allow their memory and legacy to fade slowly from our minds.

This may be the case with Pilecki, but members of Poland's Institute of National Remembrance (IPN) are trying to ensure that not only is his legacy preserved, but that his remains are as well.
    Pilecki was born in Russia in 1901. In 1918, he joined a ZHP Scout unit of the Polish self-defense units during World War I and later went on to join the regular Polish Army and fought in the Polish-Soviet War. Although he received the Silver Cross of Merit for his community and social work in 1938, his legacy did not really begin to take shape until World War II.

He and his Polish Army unit took part in heavy fighting against the advancing Germans during the invasion of Poland. A few months later, Pilecki became the organizational commander of the newly created Secret Polish Army. In 1940 he presented his commanding officers with a plan to enter Germany's Auschwitz concentration camp in order to gather intelligence on the camp from the inside, and organize inmate resistance. When his plan was approved, he was provided a false identity card in the name of "Tomasz Serafiński”, and set out to be captured by German soldiers during a street roundup in Warsaw. He was captured and sent to Auschwitz. When he arrived at Auschwitz, he organized an underground Union of Military Organizations. The purpose of the organization was to improve inmate morale, provide news from outside, distribute extra food and clothing to members, set up intelligence networks, and train detachments to take over the camp in the event of a relief attack by the Home Army, arms airdrops, or an airborne landing by the Polish 1st Independent Parachute Brigade.
    Josef František

[IMG]
    Sergeant Josef František DFM * (7 October 1914 Otaslavice - 8 October 1940) Was a Czech fighter pilot and flying ace World War II Have you flew for the Air Forces of Czechoslovakia, Poland and the United Kingdom. He is famous as the first Being Highest scoring ace in the Battle of Britain.
    http://fcafa.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/josef-frantisek/
    We mustn't forget the "little" nations, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Belgium, Norge, Denmark
    So we can find some very interesting and great heroes.
    Lots of work ahead for Pavol, and MMM;)(y)

Grod, lopee and offo like this.
  8. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    My idea, to you, Offo, and to Gordon, would be to make a "miscellaneous" series, with one guy from countries that had a NUMERICAL minor participation. Perhaps with medals plaques of the great powers, to centralize the collection a little and avoid a big mess (and reduce the costs).

Like you said, Poland, Czechs, Belgium, Norge, Denmark, Greece, Hungary...

And dont forget Brazil. I would have some suggestions and material, for both pilots and soldiers. Some awarded with the Silver Star, the Croix de Guerre avec Palm, or the Order of the British Empire. :)
    Osvald, Grod and offo like this.
  9. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautiful!!!!!!
    offo likes this.
  10. jenghiz Active Member

England
    Zastrow,did Pilecki die in Auchwitz ?Fascinating info.many thanks.Great sculpt too Offo.
    offo likes this.
  11. Osvald Active Member

Latvia
    Great job! Simply superb, a topic that continues - Heroes of the Soviet Union!!
    They really were heroes!!! Eternal memory of unknown soldiers courage!! Bravo!
    Спасибо, с благодарностью, что продолжаете эту тему!!!!!!
    offo likes this.
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really like the look of this bust, excellent work.
    Steve
    offo likes this.
  13. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is a great idea Palo.The Soviet Union must have had so many soldiers in WW2 and such a huge country it would be difficult to keep records. A very fitting tribute to an unknown hero. Great likeness to the photo.
    Gordon
    offo likes this.
  14. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    He survived, escape from this camp, help the resistance and fight in Varsovia.
    He was later killed by the Russian (NKVD) as spy from the west.
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Excellent work again Palo and I really like the unknown soldier aspect as well
    Steve
    offo likes this.